Immigrating from the US to Canada

Hundreds of thousands of people immigrate to Canada every year as permanent residents, while many others immigrate temporarily on work permits, student visas and visitor visas. Canadian immigration

The government of Canada has many different immigration streams and programs available to people all over the world – including the United States – and they are continually coming up with new ones. If you want to immigrate to Canada, learn about the different ways you can do so below.

Methods of immigrating to Canada from anywhere in the world

Ways of immigrating to Canada:

Family and spousal sponsorship: Family reunification is an important part of Canada’s immigration system, allowing for families to be together and live their lives in Canada. There are spousal sponsorship and family sponsorship programs for those who are eligible.

Live-in caregivers: Caregivers come to Canada to take care of children and the elderly and can eventually gain permanent residency.

Entrepreneurs and investors: Starting a business in Canada or investing in Canada can eventually lead to permanent residency in Canada.

Provincial nominees: Provincial Nominee Programs, or PNPs, are programs in which provinces nominate individuals to work in and live in the province.

Skilled workers and skilled trades: The Federal Skilled Worker Program allows individuals to apply for permanent residence in Canada based on their education and work experience.

Canadian Experience Class: If you are in Canada on a temporary visa such as a work permit or a student visa, you could apply for permanent residency if you are eligible under the Canadian Experience Class.

Immigrating to Canada as a permanent residency is not an easy task, but our immigration law firm can help you determine which of these immigration options are the best for you and your situation.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugh3 weeks ago

Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!

P Eyre3 weeks ago

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheonga month ago