To see our website filtered by a specific destination, select the country: You are viewing content related to . To view a specific destination, . To view a specific destination, click here

Denied Entry to Canada: Financial Inadmissibility

In order to enter Canada, you will have to pass several requirements to be considered admissible to Canada. If you do not meet all the requirements you will be considered inadmissible to Canada. If you lack financial resources you may be denied entry to Canada whether it is at the border or the airport.

Interested in moving to Canada?
Fill out our immigration assessment form today.

Being Denied to Canada Because of Financial Grounds

You must satisfy an officer that sufficient arrangements for care and support are in place, which does not involve any social assistance. This results from a failure to prove your ability to support yourself and your family financially. If you cannot prove that you have a meaningful income from skilled work, entrepreneurship or investments, you may be deemed a burden or potential burden to the Canadian government and denied entry to Canada as a result. If an officer is not satisfied with your financial submissions, you will be refused entry.

Examples of Financial Inadmissibility to Canada

Code of Removal Order Under Grounds of

A39 Financial

If you are unable or unwilling to support yourself or your family members. The only exception is family of Permanent Residents such as spouses, common-law, dependent, children, refugee claimant/protected persons.

How Much Money Do I Need to Immigrate to Canada?

The amount of money needed to be admissible to Canada depends on how long you will be staying in Canada. It also depends on whether you are entering under a visa or not. There are several variables that determine how much money you will need to enter. For example, if you are applying for Express Entry you will need $12,669 in Canadian dollars to enter. If you have a spouse and a child applying with you for Express Entry you will need $19,390 Canadian dollars to immigrate.

You should consult an immigration professional to determine how much money you will need before you arrive in Canada.

How VisaPlace Can Help You Enter Canada

Normally, if you are inadmissible to Canada, you will not be allowed to enter, unless you know how to prepare the “right” paperwork. If you have a “reason” to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, you may be issued a temporary resident permit (TRP). When it comes to inadmissibility, VisaPlace has years of experience to help those who are worried or struggle with getting accepted into Canada.

Call Us Today

The first step towards moving to Canada is to get an assessment of your specific situation. Call us today at 1.877.296.0874 for an assessment to see if you are eligible to move to Canada, or fill out our online assessment form.