Learn What Your Temporary Visa Options Are in Canada
Every year, thousands of foreigners flock to Canada on a temporary basis to offset the skill scarcity in various industries or to study at Canadian educational institutions or simply to visit all that Canada has to offer. Temporary residence status refers to people who wish to come to Canada to visit, work or study. They are coming to Canada for a temporary period and are therefore considered visitors.
There are 3 main categories for temporary status:
The right Canadian immigration program for you will depend on your case, your goals, and your intent on coming to Canada whether it be to study in Canada, work in Canada, or live in Canada. There are over 60 different programs to immigrate to Canada, having an immigration lawyer review your case will determine the best route for you.
Eligibility Criteria for Temporary Resident Visas
To be eligible to apply for the Temporary Resident visas for Canada you must be able to fulfill the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old to apply as the primary visa applicant.
- Have a valid governmental issued passport with at least one blank page that is not the last page of the passport.
- Translate and certify all the documents that you have that are in another language other than English or French.
- Gave a clean criminal history and submit court documents to prove it.
- Be ready to pay the necessary visa application fees and visa processing fees.
- Sign and date the appropriate documents where necessary.
- Fill and sign a Visa Application Center (VAC) Consent Form.
- Submit copies of your current immigration status in another country or in Canada.
- Have enough funds to cover your stay in Canada.
- Be ready to attend and interview or give biometric information.
- Go through a medical examination if the Canadian Consulate asks you to.
- Prove that your stay in Canada is temporary and that you will return to your home country once your visit is over.
- You must prove that you do not plan to work or study in Canada.
However, depending on the type of TRV visa that you are applying for, you might have to comply to additional criteria.
4 Common FAQs About Temporary Residency in Canada
If you are serious about travelling or working or studying in Canada, then it is a HUGE decision for you and the immigration paperwork should not be taken lightly. The documentation and processes involved in successfully obtaining a temporary visa in Canada can be complex and you can increase your chances by partnering with an experienced immigration professional.
Many of our clients are happy to relieve themselves of the headaches of preparing paperwork and having to deal with government red tape by outsourcing this work to our professional team of immigration experts. It is our pleasure to see clients enter Canada stress-free without all the hassles of filing tons of complicated paperwork. We have literally helped thousands and thousands of people to successfully enter Canada, so they can visit, work, or study, and we are certain we can help you too!