2021-2022 British Columbia's Provincial Nominee Program
If you are interested in living and working in British Columbia, the British Columbia PNP Program may be for you. British Columbia is one of Canada’s fastest growing provinces with cities such Vancouver and Victoria. Job opportunities in British Columbia are an attractive option for many foreign workers seeking stable, long term employment.British Columbia boasts ample natural resources and opportunities in resource centric careers. The BC PNP program allows applicants to immigrate directly to British Columbia.
Successful applicants will receive a British Columbia Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will speed-up the Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa application process. Under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you may qualify under one of two streams.
Three British Columbia PNP Streams for Fast Track Canada Immigration
- BC PNP Skills Immigration
- BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration
- BC PNP Tech Pilot
1) BC PNP Skills Immigration
Requirements for the BC PNP Strategic Occupations Stream
Must have a job offer from an employer in British Columbia that cannot be filled by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and be either.The exception being applicants applying under the International Postgraduate group.
Fluency in English or French
Meet the BC minimum income requirement
There are 4 categories within in the Skills Immigration Category that an Applicant will file under. You will need to have an Express Entry profile.
A Skilled Worker
Must have job offer in skill type 0, A, and B of NOC;
A Healthcare Professional
Physicians, registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses and midwives
A International Graduate
- This is for students that have graduated from a Canadian school and wish to apply to the BC PNP program.
- This is for students that have earned either a Master’s degree or a Doctoral Degree from an institution located within British Columbia.
A Semi-Skilled Worker in select tourism/hospitality occupations, and food processing occupations.
International Post-Graduates Pilot Project (ending on May 28, 2013)
- International students who have obtained masters or doctorate degree in the natural, applied or health sciences from eligible, recognized BC institutions within the last two years may apply even if they have not obtained a job offer from a BC employer.
2) BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration
The Entrepreneur Immigration stream of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a path to immigrate to Canada and settle in B.C. for experienced entrepreneurs who can support innovation and economic growth in the province.
Requirements for the BC PNP Entrepreneur Base Category
To qualify, you must:
- have a personal net worth of at least CAD$600,000
- demonstrate business and/or management experience
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- have basic English or French language proficiency equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher
Requirements for the BC PNP Entrepreneur Regional Pilot
To qualify, you must:
- minimum of $300,000 in personal net worth
- more than three years of experience as an active business owner-manager or more than four years of experience as a senior manager or a combination of at least one year of experience as an active business owner-manager and at least two years of experience as a senior manager.
- a post-secondary credential or experience as an active business owner-manager with 100% ownership of the
business for at least three of the past five years.
- basic English or French language proficiency equivalent to Canadian Language
Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher
3) BC PNP Tech Pilot
BC’s tech industry is growing exponentially. Therefore, British Columbia is invested in recruiting talented tech workers to fill the demand. As a result, the BC PNP Tech Pilot was introduced. It will be in effect until June 2019. Through this process the applications of tech applicants are prioritized and weekly invitations are extended to qualified applicants. Learn more about the BC PNP Tech Pilot and which jobs qualify under this pilot program.
Why Hire Us to Help with Your British Columbia PNP Application?
While the procedures for applying for an British Columbia PNP may seem uncomplicated, some applicants apply without seeking any help from an immigration lawyer, thinking that they can “do it themselves”.
For British Columbia PNPs, there is a higher risk of refusal in cases where the application is not properly prepared. The standards are very high.
The documentation and processes involved in successfully obtaining a PNP are complex and usually require legal expertise.
We have helped hundreds of individuals and their families successfully immigrate to Canada through the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program. Our experienced immigration lawyers will be able to assess your case and recommend a course of action to best serve your needs.
The first step towards your British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program application is getting an assessment of your case. Fill out our free immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and options.