Over 300,000 people immigrate to Canada every year!
Coming to Canada as an immigrant is an exciting opportunity. Canada is one of the top countries in the world in which to work and to live. As one of the most popular immigration destinations, Canada attracts immigrants from all over the world.
Canada’s stable economy, high standard of living, educated population and low crime rates make Canada a preferred destination for immigrants worldwide.The federal government is aiming to bring a total of 310,000 newcomers to Canada in 2018. Why not you become one of them?
Canadian Immigration Can Be Divided Into Two Main Categories:
The right Canadian immigration program for you will depend on your case, your goals, and your intent on coming to Canada whether it be to study in Canada, work in Canada, or live in Canada. There are over 60 different programs to immigrate to Canada, having an immigration lawyer review your case will determine the best route for you.
Temporary Residence in Canada
Permanent Residence in Canada
Canadian Immigration Options
I Want to:
- Proof of your ties to your home country
- Proof of funds for your visit to Canada
- ID such as a passport or county resident card
- A letter of invitation from the person inviting you to come to Canada
- Proof that you will be staying in Canada only on a temporary basis
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,
- show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home,
- obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate),
- not be a danger to Canada’s security,
- be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed,
- not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions,
- not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, and
- give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.
- Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies
- Have a letter of acceptance from an educational institution
- Prove that you have money for the duration of your stay in Canada to pay for tuition fees, and living expenses for yourself and accompanying family members.
- Be law-abiding and have no record of criminal activity
- Not be a risk to the security of Canada
- Be in good health (complete a medical examination, if required)
Immigrating to Canada as a newcomer can be confusing to learn the day to day activities in a new country. Canada may be very different from your home country, which means there is a great deal to learn about and explore before you arrive here. Here are some things to think about learning about before moving so that you can adapt to the Canadian lifestyle as fast and easy as possible
- Government Laws
- Banks and Financing (Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Bank Accounts, Checks, etc.)
- Health Care, Hospitals, Doctor Offices
- Cars, Public Transportation
- Education, School Systems
- Grocery Stores, Restaurants
For more information, visit our page on Living in Canada as an Immigrant page.
What are the Key Requirements for Immigrating to Canada?
The Canada Immigration requirements are vastly different based on each Canada immigration programs or visa. However, there are some important basic requirements, which are common for the majority of Canadian Immigration programs. Here are a few key requirements for immigrating to Canada through Express Entry, CEC, PNP and various other immigration programs that will allow you to enter Canada.
The immigration application process can be very difficult. These days, the rules and regulations make it increasingly difficult to qualify for a Canadian visa. Whether you are applying for Canadian permanent residence or temporary residence, it is essential that your application is handled properly from start to finish. Likewise, if you are leaving for the United States, that also requires its own set of steps. This is why it can be crucial to hire an immigration lawyer. The last thing you want is a refused case. Knowing where to file, what documents are needed, and how to respond to government requests is a key part of the application process. The biggest mistake we see causing refused applications is the lack of experience in handling immigration cases.
Wondering if it makes sense to hire an immigration lawyer? Here are some of the top benefits of hiring us to help you:
- Know the best path to immigration – Our firm will help you determine which way to meet your immigration needs.
- Profile accuracy – We can help you avoid common mistakes that can lead to visa denials.
- Speed – Our professional staff will work with you to collect all the required documentation and information as quickly as possible.
- Personalized service – Dedicated experts will work closely with you throughout the process and will be available to answer any questions.
- No missed opportunities – We monitor the many different programs and visas for updates to make sure you are best positioned for success.
Many of our clients are happy to relieve themselves of the frustrations of preparing paperwork and having to deal with government red-tape by hiring our professional team of immigration experts. We have literally helped thousands and thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada, so they can visit, work, study or live, and we certainly can help you too! While no one can give you any guarantees, we are sure our years of experience can help increase your chances at receiving a positive outcome.