To see our website filtered by a specific destination, select the country: You are viewing content related to . To view a specific destination, . To view a specific destination, click here

Denied Entry to Canada, Inadmissibility, Canada Removal Order

Have you been denied entry to Canada? If so, learn how we can help you overcome this situation. Simply fill out our assessment form, and we'll get back to you to discuss your options for entering Canada following a refused entry. 

Interested in moving to Canada?
Fill out our immigration assessment form today.

Being denied entry into Canada can be a disheartening and frustrating experience for individuals hoping to visit or immigrate. Whether it’s due to visa issues, criminal records, or other inadmissibility factors, being turned away at the border can evoke a mix of emotions, ranging from disappointment to confusion. The denial of entry can disrupt travel plans, separate loved ones, or hinder career opportunities. Understanding the reasons behind such refusals and exploring potential options to appeal becomes essential for those seeking entry into the diverse and vibrant country!

Reasons You Could Be Inadmissible to Canada

There are many reasons why a person may be denied entry into Canada. These reasons could include:

  • Security
  • Human or international rights violations
  • Criminality (even DUIs and DWIs)
  • Organized criminality
  • Health grounds
  • Financial reasons
  • Misrepresentation (of any kind)
  • Noncompliance with IRPA

Even having an admissable family member can cause you to be denied. Normally, if you are inadmissible to Canada, you will not be allowed to enter, unless you know how to prepare the ‘right’ paperwork. If you have a ‘reason’ to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, you may be issued a temporary resident permit (TRP).

What To Do If You've Been Denied Entry into Canada

Just because you’ve been denied entry and deemed inadmissible to enter Canada, doesn’t mean that’s the end of the road! If you’re deemed inadmissible but have a reason to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, you may be issued a temporary resident permit. Depending on your situation, there may be an alternate route. A few different ways to get into Canada when you’ve been refused include:

  • Temporary resident permit
  • Authorization to return to Canada (criminal rehabilitation or record suspension)

Temporary Resident Permits (TRPs)

To be eligible for a temporary resident permit, your need to enter or stay in Canada must outweigh the health or safety risks to Canadian society, as determined by an immigration or a border services officer. Even if the reason you’re inadmissible seems minor, you must demonstrate that your visit is justified. There is no guarantee that you’ll be issued a temporary resident permit.

Criminal Rehabilitation

Criminal rehabilitation is an important aspect of Canadian immigration policy that aims to provide individuals with a criminal record an opportunity to rehabilitate and reintegrate into society. The Canadian government recognizes that individuals can change and grow over time, and it believes in offering second chances to those who have demonstrated genuine efforts towards rehabilitation.

Record Suspension

A record suspension serves as an official recognition by the Canadian government that an individual’s past criminal offenses should no longer hinder their ability to reintegrate into society or pursue immigration to Canada. It demonstrates that the individual has demonstrated good conduct and has met specific criteria, making them eligible to have their criminal record set aside.

Why Seeking Professional Immigration Help is Important

Even though you can submit your own TRP application, we do not recommend this. Canadian immigration regulations are strict when it comes to inadmissibility even for minor offenses. It is always important to consult with a Canadian immigration professional regarding any possibility of refusal or denial of entry to Canada. A qualified Canadian immigration lawyer can advise you on whether your offense is appealable and how to do it correctly. Many of our clients are happy to relieve themselves of the headaches of preparing paperwork and having to deal with government red tape by outsourcing this work to our professional team of immigration experts!

The first step towards getting a TRP and avoiding being refused entry to Canada is to get an assessment of your specific situation. Call us today at 1.877.296.0874 for an assessment to see if you are eligible to move to Canada, or fill out our online assessment form.