To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID 19, the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada. Until further notice, most people cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).
Visitor Visa applications are still being accepted but there may be delays to the processing time due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
For more updates on the Coronavirus, visit our page on the impact the Coronavirus has had on Canadian immigration.
Who Can Apply for a Super Visa?
The Super Visa is for people who want their parents or grandparents to live with them in Canada. With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on each entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.
Who is Eligible For a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa?
To be eligible for the super visa, applicants must be the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Dependants of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the super visa. However, they can apply for a regular visitor visa. The super visa applicants must also be found admissible to Canada and meet some other conditions.
Visa officers consider several factors before deciding whether an applicant is admissible. Officers must believe the applicant is a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things the officer might consider are the following:
- the person’s ties to his or her home country;
- the purpose of the visit;
- the person’s family and financial situation;
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
- invitations from Canadian hosts.
Parent Super Visa Requirements in Canada
Parents and Grandparents citizens can live in canada for two years without need to renew their status.
- Complete and submit form [IMM5257] (to be filled outside of Canada).
- Parents financial and host financial situation will be considered.
- The overall economic and political also offer application.
- Invitation letter from host.
- Parents or Grandparents must provide of financial support from their child (host) and meet minimum & income household. (around $17,000)
- Prove Canadian medical coverage insurance (for at least 1 year).
- Complete medical examination requirements.
Letter of Invitation format should include:
- Complete Name and Middle Name of Parents.
- Date of Birth/Country of Birth.
- Parent Address and Phone Number
- Place where your (Host) relationship (Child Relationship).
- The purpose of trip.
- How long the parent intend to stay.
- Detail of accommodation and
- Date Parent intend to leave
How to Apply for a Super Visa
1. Get Your Documents Ready
Before you apply for a super visa, you need:
a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada that includes
proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income
proof of payment for medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company
a document confirming that you had an immigration medical exam
2. Apply !
Minimum Income Requirements
The child/grandchild of the applicant must meet a minimum income under the Super Visa eligibility criteria, also known as the low-income cut-off (LICO).
Size of Family
Minimum Income Required (CAD)
1 person (the sponsor)
7 or more people (for each additional person add)
Why Seek Professional Immigration Help?
The Super Visa application process can be very complex, time consuming and difficult. It is therefore essential that if you are considering applying for Canadian Visas, you get professional immigration help. The last thing you want is to be told your application is refused after months (or sometimes years) of waiting.
How We Can Help You Get Your Parents or Grandparents to Canada
We have over 15 years of experience and have helped thousands and thousands of people immigrate to the Canada, and we are certain we can help you too!