Apply for Multiple Entry Visa Canada
Gain access to Canada, with the flexibility to sightsee, visit family, work, or study. A temporary resident visa may allow you to do all that. And now, all applications for temporary resident visas are considered for multiple entry!
Who is the Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa For?
Temporary resident visas (TRVs) are for foreign nationals who wish to visit Canada for a limited period of time and intend to leave at the end of their stay. Multiple entry temporary resident visas are for foreign nationals who will need to come and go from Canada more than once within a ten-year period for stays of up to six months.
According to the Government of Canada website, citizens of the following countries require a visa to travel to Canada:
What Does Canada's Multiple Entry TRV Provide?
The temporary resident visa allows foreign nationals to visit Canada on vacation or visit family.
In some cases you can conduct business or study at a Canadian educational institution. This depends on whether you are authorised to do so under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
Furthermore, if an educational program of study is of less than 6 months’ duration, a temporary resident may be able to complete it without a study permit. A multiple entry temporary resident visa allows a temporary resident to come and go to/from Canada for periods of up to six months, over up to ten years (or until the temporary resident’s passport expires, if this occurs first) without having to reapply each time.
Who is Eligible for the Multi Entry Temporary Resident Visa?
In order to qualify for any temporary resident visa, you must “show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay” as well as
- Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
- Show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
- Not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
- Be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
- Not be a risk to the security of Canada,
- Provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
- Be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).
All temporary resident visa applicants are now considered for multiple entry visas, and single entry applicants may even be granted multiple entry visas.
Visitor Visa Validity: Does a Visitor Visa Expire?
A visitor visa is valid until its expiration date unless canceled or revoked. If you have a valid visa in your expired passport, do not remove it. You may travel and enter the United States with your valid visa in your expired passport and a new valid passport.
The visa expiration date appears alongside the visa issuance date on the visa. The period of time between the issuing of your visa and its expiration date is referred to as your visa validity. The visa validity period is the amount of time you have to go to a US port of entry.
Canada Visitor Visa Fee: What is the Cost for Canada TRV
Fees for Canada Visitor Visa
- Visitor Visa Application Fee (including the Super Visa) – $100 CAD per person. (Temporary resident visa for single or multiple entries)
- Visitor Visa Application Fee – $500 for 5 or more people. (Temporary resident visa for single or multiple entries)
- To be eligible for this fee, you and your family members must apply at the same time and your children have to be under 22 years old
- Extension of stay for visitors – $100 CAD per person
- Restore status as a visitor (Application fee not necessary) – $200 CAD
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) Fees
Electronic Travel Authorization Application Fee – $7 CAD
Canada Work Permit Fees
Work Permit Application Fee – $155 CAD per person. (Including extension applications)
Work Permit Application Fee – $465 CAD group of 3 or more performing artists. (Performing artists must apply at the same time and pay visitor visas individually, if applicable)
Open work permit fee – $100 CAD
Restore status as a worker – $355 CAD
(Includes restoration of status fee of $200 and a new work permit fee for $155)
Canada Study Permit Fees
Study permit application fee – $150 CAD per person (Including extensions)
Restore status as a student – $350 CAD (Restoration of status is $200 and a new study permit for $150)
Canada Tourist Visa 10 Years Entry
Canada visitor visas are typically long-term visas (5 to 10 years). Find out more about Canada’s Tourist Visa 10 Year Entry below:
Canada Tourist Visa 10 Year Multiple Entry Visa Requirements
To apply for a multiple entry temporary resident visa, you must fill out the necessary paperwork and include the required supporting documents, as well as pay for your application.
- You may also be required to undergo a medical examination and/or have your fingerprints and photograph taken.
- You must apply from outside Canada; you cannot apply upon arrival.
- If you have family members applying to visit Canada, they must complete separate application forms, though you can mail your applications together and use one payment receipt for the total payment for all the applications.
The multiple entry temporary resident visa application process can be complicated. We can help you navigate this process, ensuring that you don’t miss anything important.
We are Experts on Canada's Multiple Entry TRV
As professional immigration lawyers, attorneys, and paralegals, we know how to handle multiple entry temporary resident visa applications to improve your chances at receiving approval. Let us help you put forward the best application possible.
We Understand the Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa Application Process
We have helped thousands of foreign nationals successfully enter Canada with multiple entry temporary resident visas and we can help you too.
Our firm boasts 15 years of experience in working with visitors to Canada. We know what the Canadian immigration department requires, and how to meet all deadlines and expectations.
Start today by getting an assessment of your case. Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your case.
Need Help Getting a Multi Entry Visa Canada?
The first step towards moving to Canada is to get an assessment of your specific situation. Call us today at 1.877.296.0874 for an assessment to see if you are eligible to move to Canada, or fill out our online assessment form.