New Brunswick is a Province on the East Coast of Canada consisting of various industries from agriculture,forestry and fishing to manufacturing and mining. Northern New Brunswick is home to one of the largest Potash deposits in the world as well as metals like Lead and Zinc. With many job opportunities, many individuals love life in New Brunswick!
If you fulfill the requirements, you may be selected to immigrate to Canada through the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, which is a faster route towards permanent residence. Learn more about New Brunswick Visas below.
New Brunswick PNP Immigration Streams
There are several ways to obtain permanent residency in New Brunswick, 7 to be exact. Successful applicants will receive a New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Certificate, which will speed-up the Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa application process. Under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you may qualify under one of seven streams:
- Skilled Workers with Employer Support
- Skilled Workers with Family Support
- Entrepreneurial Stream
- Express Entry Labour Market Stream
- International Graduate Stream
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- Succession Connect Pilot
1. Skilled Workers with Employer Support
The Employer Support program was created for foreign workers with a valid job offer from a New Brunswick employer.
- Have a permanent full-time job offer from an NB employer who has been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Offers compensation consistent with regional wages and existing collective bargaining agreements
2. Skilled Workers with Family Support (Closed)
The Family Support program is for individuals with work experience and family members in New Brunswick. Unfortunately, this program has closed.
- The applicant must have an offer of full-time employment or employment skills based on education and training, language skills, work experience, age, and ability to adapt to NB
- The supporters will be assessed on his/her commitment to the immigration process and the successful settlement of his/her family member
3. Entrepreneurial Stream
The Entrepreneurial Stream is targeting experienced business owners or senior business managers who want to live in New Brunswick.
- submit a Business Plan
- demonstrate business management experience as an owner or senior manager
- provide strong evidence that you will live in NB
- visit NB to conduct extensive research and complete an interview with an Immigration Program Officer
- provide a verified personal net worth of at least CDN $300,000
- make a minimum investment of CDB $125,000
- demonstrate knowledge of English and/or French
- make a CDN $75,000 conditionally refundable deposit.
4. Express Entry Labour Market Stream
This method works in conjunction Canada’s Express Entry program. In order to qualify, you must be in the Express Entry pool. This stream is looking to fill specific job needs within in New Brunswick. Applications are currently paused for this stream.
5. International Graduate Stream (New)
Those students who have graduated from Atlantic Business College, Eastern College, McKenzie College, or Oulton College and who have studied in one of 19 targeted occupations, will be able to apply to the newest PNP pathway. The program is in collaboration between Opportunities NB (ONB), which is New Brunswick’s leading business development corporation, and the IRCC.
Learn more about this new PNP pathway!
6. Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
The Post-Graduate Work Permit stream is for foreign nationals who have graduated from a post-secondary school in New Brunswick and established a successful business in the province.
- Be between the ages of 22-40
- Prove fluency in either French or English
- Earned a degree from a New Brunswick Institution while residing in the province
- Have a work permit
- Demonstrate that you intend to stay in the province
7. Succession Connect Pilot
Launched in 2016, this program aims to help new immigrants connect with current business owning residents. It would allow immigrants to look into receiving business investments and allows local business to invest with people who want to work in their area of expertise.
Need Help With Your New Brunswick PNP Application?
Knowing your options when applying for permanent residency through New Brunswick PNP streams is very important. We highly recommended receiving immigration help from a professional as provincial government standards are very high. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals, and consultants who work for VisaPlace Legal an award-winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.