Get Answers to Your Visa Questions! Call 1.866.929.0991

US & Canada Immigration News

Toll-Free: 1-866-929-0991

Outside of North America: +1-416-410-7484

Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and immigration options.

Canadian Embassy Information: Where can I apply for Canadian Immigration or Visas?

Canadian Embassy Information

In the next number of blogs we will be posting information about Canadian Embassies abroad. We think this information will be helpful to those wishing to apply for immigration and visas to Canada from overseas. Addresses, phone numbers, websites, and general information will be posted for you convenience .

We will also try to add up to date information about the Embassies as they come available.

At what Canadian Embassy Can I apply?

Under the regulations of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, applicants for Canadian permanent residence are required to apply at a Canadian Embassy of their Nationality. There are some exceptions to this rule. For example, if you are in a country where you are on work or study status, you could apply to a Canadian Embassy there. Also if you are applying for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) such as a Work Permit or Study Permit, you can file your applications to Canadian Embassies outside your place of nationality.

Please stay tuned for more Canadian Embassy information from around the world!

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

26 thoughts on “Canadian Embassy Information: Where can I apply for Canadian Immigration or Visas?


    Hi sir,
    My self rohit puri. I am 27 years old. I wanna apply work visa for canada. My nationality is indian. In present i am doing job in the himalaya drug company as a pharma sales officer from last five years. Sir tell me may i directly apply in embassy.
    Waiting for your positive response.
    Rohit puri

    1. Immigration Lawyers

      Hi Rohit,

      Thank you for contacting us at VisaPlace! We would love to help you work and immigrate to Canada. With your background, you may be eligible for a visa. Hiring an immigration lawyer will help you get answers to all of your questions, plus it will increase the chance of getting a visa approved. Please, complete this form for me it is just a quick and easy way for me to learn more details about your situation so that I will be able to advise you accurately and determine the best avenue for us to take to give you the best legal advice.

      The above response is for informational purposes only and does not form a lawyer-client relationship nor should it be construed to be legal advice.

  2. samer shehna

    Hello my name is Samer Hhnh I am Syrian, I live in Ghana, I want to ask for asylum request to Canada and what are the bricks needed for this thing

    1. Muga Rajbhandari

      Hello Samer. I am going to suggest that you contact us to make an appointment to talk with one of our immigration professionals who will be able to plan the best strategy for you given your current difficult situation. You can book an appointment by calling us at 1-855-886-8472 or online at
      Regards, Muga

  3. Wheng tomas

    I want to apply in canada alberta i have my aunt there but how can i apply for work im here in taiwan right now.

    1. Vahe Mirzoyan

      Hello Wheng. There are several immigration programs that are available. In order to suggest the best path for you, we would need to know a lot more information about you. I am going to suggest that you contact us to make an appointment to talk with one of our immigration professionals who will be able to plan the best strategy for you. You can book an appointment by calling us at 1-855-886-8472 or online at
      Regards, Vahe

  4. Adam

    Hi I am planning to immigrate to Canada to work and live but i am now 48 year of age and i do not have that much money to apply for job in canada i have a little of money ,so my profesion is driving & nursing assistant have exp 8 year in kuwait i have a bachelor in degree so could you please let me know its possible to apply with little money

    thanks & waiting

    1. Vahe Mirzoyan

      Hello Adam. Thank you for writing to us. Your best option would be if you had someone in Canada who met the qualifications to be able to sponsor you. Having sufficient funds to support yourself while you are in Canada is essential.
      Best of luck, Vahe

  5. tawfik alkuhali

    Hello dear I love to visat canada I am from yemen and I visat turky nixt month can I play for canadin toursit visa from turky please helpe me thanks thanks again tony

  6. Vishal


    My family want to settle in Canada. I am self employed person with Pest Control business my wife she is dentist my father he is retired as a officer from punjab police. kindly tell me that am i eligible for applying P.R. or tell me any other mode to set in Canada

    1. Michael Niren Post author

      Hello Vishal
      You may be eligible for PR but we would have to perform an immigration assessment for your case to make sure. We will get back you to explore your options.


  7. bhavin patel

    I am from Kenya how can I get pr for Canada.i am interested in canada for farming to get help from candian government .also how I get vise for study for business purpose.Is there any system for visa from you people to get easily.

    1. Bahareh Norouzian

      Hello Patel,

      Thank you for your recent post.

      There are many different ways that you can Immigrate to Canada and get you PR. However, in order to assess your eligibility and figure out which category fits you best you need to provide us with more information. Please complete our online free assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your options.

      I trust the above meets with your satisfaction.



  8. mukasa faith

    i greet you all . my name is mukasa faith .i am Ugandan born .
    i need your help, i was born a lesbian i am hiding i don’t know where to go .
    people want to kill me. even my family they hate me so much. They want to report me to the police wherever they see me . i am in great trouble please help me … i need help

    1. Anna Gorovaya

      Dear Mukasa,
      Thank you for your post.In your case you may be able to seek protection in Canada based on your sexual orientation.
      We helped a lot of people in your situation. Please fill out our free assessment today for more information about this program, eligibility and our highly skilled Canadian team, which I personally work for, will be pleased to assist you and keep you updated with changes and news about this program as CIC implements it.

      Thank you!

  9. Hazel

    I just want to ask how much is the visa fee to be paid right now coz im planning to pay it via managers check???? But is there any way of paying it to your office when i will submit all my documents..coz i have my LMO and contract already..thanks!!!,

    1. Michael Niren Post author

      Hello Hazel

      Our visa fee depends on the case. We would have to do an assessment of your case and we can quote you a fee. Also fees can be paid by credit card or PayPal or wire transfer. You can contact us by completing an online immigration assessment

  10. Malina


    I’m from Bulgaria. Me and my husband want to work in Canada. He has relatives there and they will send us an invitation as required. What we need to do? As far as I read we need to call to the Canadian Embassy in Romania and they will send us documents. Then there will be an interview. And that’s all that I know. Would you please give me some more information? Thank you!

  11. SandyX

    My mom was refused 4 times to get a TRV to Canada. The, most recently is yesterday. It was so sad. I do wish her to visit her 4 grandchildren, four lovely girls. However, it is so sad. She was refused, refused, and refused….. Can you help her?

    1. Michael Niren

      I am sorry about all these TRV refusals. TRVs can be difficult cases. We would be happy to assist. Feel free to contact us at [email protected]

  12. Fred Nwegete

    My wife and I have been planning to work in Canada. She is an IT professional and I work in the field of hospitality outfit. How can we be assisted?

    1. Alicia Kim

      Dear Fred Nwegete,

      If you are looking to work temporarily in Canada, you may apply for a Work Permit. To apply for a work permit, you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer and your employer needs to obtain a positive labour market opinion for your position.

      If you wish to apply for Permanent Residence, you may apply as a Skilled Worker. To do so, you should have either a valid job offer in Canada or one year of continuous full-time paid work experience in one of the occupations listed on the Canadian National Occupational Classification. I would need more information regarding your employment to determine the eligibility for you and your wife.

      Hope this helps.


    I am planning to visit Canada for 3 weeks to visit my mother in Canada. How can I visit her and how can she sponsor me?

    1. Alicia Kim

      Dear Abhishek,

      In order to visit Canada, you need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. Depending on where you are applying from, you should satisfy all the requirements of the visa office responsible for your area.

      In order for your mother to sponsor you, your mother needs to be either a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and must apply to sponser you. You must also apply for permanent residence at the same time.

  14. marina jorgensen


    I am planning to visit Canada for one week in December, 2010 in order to join my husband in Canada. I am from Indonesia, but I have my permanent residency in Australia. My husband is Australian but works in Canada.

    What should I do to visit Canada?

    Many Thanks,
    Marina Jorgensen


Leave a Comment:

Your email address will not be published.


The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.