Federal Skilled Worker Program Re-Opens
The Government of Canada announced new occupations and caps for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW). Furthermore, additional information was announced for the Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class programs.
Updates to the Federal Skilled Worker Program
Starting May 1st 2014 the Federal Skilled Worker Program will be accepting 25,000 new applications. All applicants must have at least one year of work experience. There will be a maximum of 1000 applications accepted for each occupation on the list.
The Revised FSW Occupation List
There are many occupations on the Federal Skilled Worker Program list this year, they are as follows:
- Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services
- Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
- Financial managers
- Human resources managers
- Purchasing managers
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
- Managers in health care
- Construction managers
- Home building and renovation managers
- Managers in natural resources production and fishing
- Manufacturing managers
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Financial and investment analysts
- Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers
- Other financial officers
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers
- Property administrators
- Geoscientists and oceanographers
- Civil engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Electrical and electronics engineers
- Petroleum engineers
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Software engineers and designers
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians
- Construction estimators
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
- Computer network technicians
- Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- Specialist physicians
- General practitioners and family physicians
- Dietitians and nutritionists
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- Occupational therapists
- Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- Medical radiation technologists
- Medical sonographers
- Licensed practical nurse
- Paramedical occupations
- University professors and lecturers
- Early childhood educators and assistants
- Translators, terminologists and interpreters
Streams, Caps and Criteria
All applicants applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) will be assessed in the same way they were assessed for 2013. The FSW program includes streams for PHD holders and individuals who have received job offers from Canadian employers. There will be a maximum of 500 PHD applicants accepted under the upcoming program.
Note – Anyone who is applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program is strongly encouraged to do so as soon as possible.
How VisaPlace Can Help You
We at VisaPlace understand how important it is for to you to achieve your immigration goals. In our over 15 years of award-winning service, we have helped to successfully process thousands of visas. Let one of our experienced immigration lawyers assist you with your Federal Skilled Worker Program application.
Seize the moment and we will assist you to prepare your application and have it submitted in a timely manner!
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.