Who is Eligible for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program aimed to help temporary foreign workers and foreign students to apply their work experience and education towards their applications for residency. The Canadian Experience Class supports the transition from temporary residence to permanent residence, taking into account the time that the international student or skilled worker spent in Canada while contributing to Canadian society.
Requirements for the CEC Application
Both types of applicants (foreign graduates as well as temporary foreign workers) need to have work experience in Canada to qualify for the Canadian Experience Class. All of the requirements for the Canadian Experience Class are based on a pass or fail model. If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant is eligible to apply to this program.
Eligibility for CEC Applicants
- Plan to live in a province outside of Quebec
- Have 12 months of skilled work experience - full time or equivalent part-time. This experience must have been acquired within the last 3 years in a NOC 0, A or B occupation
- The work experience must have been acquired with the proper authorization
- Meet minimum language threshold.
- The application must not be one of the 6 exempt occupations
Only 12,000 complete applications will be accepted yearly. AND There will be sub-caps of 200 applications for each NOC B applications.
The 6 Steps for Canadian Experience Class Procedure
- If you are applying from within Canada, your application will be sent to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO). If you are applying from outside of Canada, it will be sent to the Ottawa Case Processing Pilot Center.
- A Canadian Immigration Visa Officer will review your application
- You may need to attend a personal interview.
- You need to take a medical exam.
- You will need to pay a Right of Permanent Residence fee.
- Your Permanent Resident card will be issued.
Why Seeking Professional Immigration Help is Essential
Due to the tremendous opportunity such a visa allows its applicant, the rate of application is extremely high and not all that apply may be accepted. While the CEC Application procedure has its advantages, there are many difficult aspects to the application that must be addressed in order to have a successful case. The application forms, procedures, and documentation must be handled perfectly from start to finish.
Why Hire Us to Help with Your CEC Application?
Each year, Canada offers countless immigrants the opportunity of realizing their dreams through the trades and education they have acquired during their time in Canada. This can be you, but only if you take the proper steps to achieve your goals. NOTE: On November 9, 2013 CIC Announced that for the CEC category there will be an annual cap of just 12000 CEC Applications until October 31st, 2014. As well there will be a limited number of applications in certain occupations. This means that if you are interested in the CEC program, contact us RIGHT AWAY!
We have helped thousands of skilled workers and students to successfully obtain permanent residence in Canada through CEC. Our experienced immigration lawyers will be able to assess your case and recommend a course of action to best serve your needs.
The first step towards your getting permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class option is getting an assessment of your case. Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and options.
As seen on
"VisaPlace helped us navigate the immigration landscape and they directed us to a great law firm and great lawyers. All I can say is "thank you" for getting my visa quickly. VisaPlace knew exactly what kind of legal team could help where other's couldn't. The fees were reasonable and everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend VisaPlace and the immigration attorneys they work with to anyone wishing to move to Canada or to the US."
Read All Reviews