Who is the Adult Citizenship Application For?
This application is for permanent residents 18 years of age or older who wish to become Canadian citizens.
What Does the Adult Citizenship Application Provide?
The Adult Citizenship Application provides a means to requesting Canadian citizenship by providing Citizenship and Immigration Canada with the information CIC needs to determine eligibility.
Who is Eligible for an Adult Citizenship Application?
According to the current rules of Canadian immigration, you may be eligible through the Adult Citizenship Application if you:
- Have been in Canada for the requisite length of time (a minimum of 1460 days in the six years since you became a permanent resident immediately prior to applying for citizenship and 183 days of any four years fully or partly within those six years)
- Have met any requirements to file income taxes for any four tax years partially or fully within the six years prior to your application
- Plan to reside in Canada, or meet certain requirements regarding working with or accompanying family members in the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province outside Canada; and…
- Are able to speak and understand either English or French and demonstrate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship (if you are 65 or over, this requirement does not apply) Furthermore, the following issues could affect your eligibility:
- You have outstanding terms and conditions on your permanent resident status
- You have a criminal record or face charges inside or outside Canada for a criminal offence
- You have received an order to leave Canada
- You have been refused Canadian citizenship because of misrepresentation; or…
- Your Canadian citizenship has been revoked.
The Adult Citizenship Application Process
When applying for adult citizenship, applicants will go through several steps in the application process. Downloading and filling out forms according to the instructions is the first step. Then, the applicant must collect all necessary supporting documents and ensure that they are included in the format required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Next, the applicant must pay the fees (the required method for payment will be changing soon in April 2016). Finally, the applicant must mail the completed application to the case processing centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The application will then be reviewed.
We are Adult Citizenship Application Experts
We know the immigration system, so we are aware of the changes that have been made recently to the Adult Citizenship Application and the changes that will soon be made to the payment process. We are familiar with the requirements and skilled at improving an applicant’s chances of approval.
Work with a Firm That Understands the Adult Citizenship Application Process
We have helped thousands of permanent residents successfully become Canadian citizens and we can help you too. Our firm boasts 15 years of experience in working with adult permanent residents. We know what the Canadian immigration department requires, and how to meet all deadlines and expectations.
Getting started is easy. All you need to do is fill out our free eligibility online assessment form here and then one of our immigration professionals will get back to you with your results within one business day.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.
Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.
I am grateful for the legal services that I got from Sanaa and Alicea of Visa Place. I was impressed by their client centered approach. Their professionalism involved their hearts and heads to work on my case. I cannot compare the time they spent on it with the money I paid. All they wanted was a fine final document. I also liked their prompt communication. They are really passionate about what they do.
As seen on