Who is the Adult Citizenship Application For?
This application is for permanent residents 18 years of age or older who wish to become Canadian citizens.
What Does the Adult Citizenship Application Provide?
The Adult Citizenship Application provides a means to requesting Canadian citizenship by providing Citizenship and Immigration Canada with the information CIC needs to determine eligibility.
Who is Eligible for an Adult Citizenship Application?
According to the current rules of Canadian immigration, you may be eligible through the Adult Citizenship Application if you:
- Have been in Canada for the requisite length of time (a minimum of 1460 days in the six years since you became a permanent resident immediately prior to applying for citizenship and 183 days of any four years fully or partly within those six years)
- Have met any requirements to file income taxes for any four tax years partially or fully within the six years prior to your application
- Plan to reside in Canada, or meet certain requirements regarding working with or accompanying family members in the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province outside Canada; and…
- Are able to speak and understand either English or French and demonstrate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship (if you are 65 or over, this requirement does not apply) Furthermore, the following issues could affect your eligibility:
- You have outstanding terms and conditions on your permanent resident status
- You have a criminal record or face charges inside or outside Canada for a criminal offence
- You have received an order to leave Canada
- You have been refused Canadian citizenship because of misrepresentation; or…
- Your Canadian citizenship has been revoked.
The Adult Citizenship Application Process
When applying for adult citizenship, applicants will go through several steps in the application process. Downloading and filling out forms according to the instructions is the first step. Then, the applicant must collect all necessary supporting documents and ensure that they are included in the format required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Next, the applicant must pay the fees (the required method for payment will be changing soon in April 2016). Finally, the applicant must mail the completed application to the case processing centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The application will then be reviewed.
We are Adult Citizenship Application Experts
We know the immigration system, so we are aware of the changes that have been made recently to the Adult Citizenship Application and the changes that will soon be made to the payment process. We are familiar with the requirements and skilled at improving an applicant’s chances of approval.
Work with a Firm That Understands the Adult Citizenship Application Process
We have helped thousands of permanent residents successfully become Canadian citizens and we can help you too. Our firm boasts 15 years of experience in working with adult permanent residents. We know what the Canadian immigration department requires, and how to meet all deadlines and expectations.
Getting started is easy. All you need to do is fill out our free eligibility online assessment form here and then one of our immigration professionals will get back to you with your results within one business day.
Applying for PR can be a daunting task. I remember going on various websites during my research period and being so overwhelmed with the number of forms, and directions on how, when, where to send them. It was a great comfort and relief to me knowing that I could rely on someone else, an expert, like Lauren to help me. Lauren worked on my PR application and it has been excellent experience. She saved me a lot of time and stress, she respond quickly to whatever questions and concerns I have. I can truly recommend her and the team @Niren. Thank you
Having had a bad experience with a different immigration consultant in Toronto, we ended up working with Lauren Shannan and her team at Niren and Associates on our PR application, and couldn't be more satisfied. Lauren was extremely patient, reassuring and knowledgeable. She was very prompt with responding to all of our questions with clear answers and recommendations. She also followed up with the immigration authorities as needed. Lauren and team were a pleasure to work with, and we would recommend their services.
One word magnificent. I strongly recommend this place to all the people who were willing to apply for permanent resident. I want to thank Raina,Sana,Iara for helping me to get my permanent resident. Staff is very polite and always there to solve my queries without any delay.
As seen on