Bridging Work Permits Can be Important

I had Niren & Associates as my immigration lawyer to apply for my PR in Canada. They also offered to do a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) for me once I got the 1st stage approval. This turned out to be very important as I found a new job but the employer didn’t want to do a Labor Market Opinion for me.

But Niren & Associates managed to get me the BOWP so I can start working for the new company. You will have to make an appointment by email if you wanna call and talk to them, but the associate working with me is very fast to respond to my emails. Sometimes they are a little slow to process and prepare your documents and forms but that’s probably because they are working with many clients, and I’m OK as long as they do the job right.


Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • Fernando

    Hi mr Niren I’m applying for the CEC category as cook but right now there is a sudden change they did not include my experience as a cook so what is the best way to apply as permanent residence

  • Darwin

    If my employer signed a contract to employ me but then never helped with the immigration process like providing a work permit, did they break any rules?
    Is there anything I can do to enforce the contract?
    My working visa is still valid until this time.
    Can you help me in getting a bridging open working permit instead?
    Thank you.

    • Hello Darwin

      I am sorry for your situation. Generally speaking I do not think that an employer has an obligation to help with getting you a work visa unless that is stated in the contract. But to be sure, you would have to contact an Employment Lawyer who can properly advise you. But generally you cannot force an employer to help in an immigration process.
      Good luck

  • help me and pls offer me job permit

    • Hello. You would first need a job offer before being able to get a work permit in most cases.

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musaa month ago

Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.

Daxesh Patel2 months ago

I am grateful for the legal services that I got from Sanaa and Alicea of Visa Place. I was impressed by their client centered approach. Their professionalism involved their hearts and heads to work on my case. I cannot compare the time they spent on it with the money I paid. All they wanted was a fine final document. I also liked their prompt communication. They are really passionate about what they do.

Theresie Nuwimanaa month ago