Why TN Visas are a Fast Track to Getting a US Work Visa
If you are Canadian or Mexican, and you have a job offer in the US, you may be eligible for a TN Visa under the NAFTA agreement. This application process is the fastest way to get a US Work Visa. The most attractive feature of TN Visas over other types of visas is that applicants can obtain these visas right at a U.S./Canadian border or airport. Applicants are required to appear at the border with the necessary documentation. An immigration official will review the documentation and, if that officer is satisfied that the applicant qualifies for the Visa, a TN Visa will be issued on the spot!
What are the TN Visa Requirements?
Under NAFTA, a Canadian or Mexican citizen who has a temporary offer of employment in the United States may qualify for a TN visa. The US job offer must be from a list of occupations defined by NAFTA (See list further below).
Note: Only citizens are eligible for a TN visa; permanent residents or landed immigrants may not apply.
Required Documents for a TN Visa Application
Along with proof of Citizenship (such as birth certificate or passport), evidence that the intended employment/business activity and the applicant qualify under Chapter 15, Schedule 2 of NAFTA, including:
- A temporary Offer of Employment from a prospective U.S. employer;
- Copies of relevant educational degrees, diplomas and certificates
- Letters of reference from previous or current employers confirming your experience in your occupation (if applicable)
TN Visa List of Occupations
If your job offer does not appear on the NAFTA list below, call us. We may be able to help!
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Recreational Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Scientist
- Dairy Scientist
- Plant Breeder
- Poultry Scientist
- Soil Scientist
- College Teacher
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Disaster Relief Insurance Adjuster
- Graphic Designer
- Hotel Manager
- Industrial Designer
- Interior Designer
- Land Surveyor
- Lawyer (including Quebec Notary)
- Librarian, Management Consultant
- Range Manager/Conservationist
- Research Assistant (post-secondary)
- Scientific Technician/Technologist
- Technical Publications Writer
Top 10 Tips for Getting a TN Visa
- US Job offer should be consistent with your Education
- US job offer should appear on the NAFTA LIST
- US job offer should not exceed three years
- US job offer letter should be properly formatted with all relevant information
- When you apply, READ and UNDERSTAND all your documentation
- Your resume should be well organized and complete
- Employment references should be consistent and relevant
- Bring a valid Canadian Passport for at least three years
- Foreign degrees and diplomas should be evaluated as equivalent to Canadian or US Standards
- Get your TN Documentation reviewed by an Immigration Professional
How to Apply For a TN Visa Without a College Degree
Why Seeking Professional Help for a TN Visa is Crucial
Do not be fooled into thinking that a TN visa is easy. Your documentation and information has to behandled perfectly, otherwise you risk getting your TN Visa refused. Furthermore, it is important to carefully select which border you go to for your TN Visa interview. Not all borders handle these visas in the same way. The standards are very high, and if an application is not properly prepared, there is a higher risk of having your TN visa denied.
Why Hire Us to Help You With Your TN Visa Application?
While the procedures for TN visas may seem uncomplicated, some applicants apply without seeking any help from an immigration lawyer, thinking that they can "do it themselves." The documentation and processes involved in successfully obtaining a TN Visa for a foreign beneficiary are complex and usually require legal expertise. We have helped thousands and thousands of Canadians and Mexicans successfully enter the U.S. with TN Visas and we can help you too!
The first step towards a successful TN Visa application is getting an assessment of your case. Fill out our Immigration Assessment Form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and options.
Applying for PR can be a daunting task. I remember going on various websites during my research period and being so overwhelmed with the number of forms, and directions on how, when, where to send them. It was a great comfort and relief to me knowing that I could rely on someone else, an expert, like Lauren to help me. Lauren worked on my PR application and it has been excellent experience. She saved me a lot of time and stress, she respond quickly to whatever questions and concerns I have. I can truly recommend her and the team @Niren. Thank you
Having had a bad experience with a different immigration consultant in Toronto, we ended up working with Lauren Shannan and her team at Niren and Associates on our PR application, and couldn't be more satisfied. Lauren was extremely patient, reassuring and knowledgeable. She was very prompt with responding to all of our questions with clear answers and recommendations. She also followed up with the immigration authorities as needed. Lauren and team were a pleasure to work with, and we would recommend their services.
One word magnificent. I strongly recommend this place to all the people who were willing to apply for permanent resident. I want to thank Raina,Sana,Iara for helping me to get my permanent resident. Staff is very polite and always there to solve my queries without any delay.
As seen on