Immigration to the US from Canada
Are you a Canadian who wishes to immigrate to the United States? Many Canadians immigrate to the United States every year, but not all of them do it the same way. In addition, Canadians cannot just pick up and move to the United States, instead they must go through the proper immigration channels.
There are several different ways a Canadian citizen can go on to immigrate to the United States. To learn about them, read on.
Ways a Canadian can immigrate to the United States
1. Marrying a United States citizen. Marrying a citizen in the United States is one way to become a legal permanent resident of the United States, but you must be able to demonstrate that your marriage is a legitimate one.
2. You are highly skilled in a medical or scientific field, or other field that have very high levels of education that will allow you to obtain a suitable type of work visa to to live in the United States while working.
3. You are being transferred to the United States by your employer, using the L visas.
4. You are able to invest in the United States and have the money to do so, using E-visas.
5. You have a family member who can sponsor you, who is a United States citizen or green card holder. The relative must be an immediate family member with few exceptions, such as a sibling or parent.
While there are several different ways one can immigrate to the United States from Canada, it is not an easy process. Applicants will have to ensure that they meet all of the requirements for the path to immigration that they have chosen, and will have to be prepared to be investigated thoroughly. There are also a number of work visa options for people who wish to work and live in the United States on a temporary basis.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.
Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.
I am grateful for the legal services that I got from Sanaa and Alicea of Visa Place. I was impressed by their client centered approach. Their professionalism involved their hearts and heads to work on my case. I cannot compare the time they spent on it with the money I paid. All they wanted was a fine final document. I also liked their prompt communication. They are really passionate about what they do.