Immigration to the US from Canada
Are you a Canadian who wishes to immigrate to the United States? Many Canadians immigrate to the United States every year, but not all of them do it the same way. In addition, Canadians cannot just pick up and move to the United States, instead they must go through the proper immigration channels.
There are several different ways a Canadian citizen can go on to immigrate to the United States. To learn about them, read on.
Ways a Canadian can immigrate to the United States
1. Marrying a United States citizen. Marrying a citizen in the United States is one way to become a legal permanent resident of the United States, but you must be able to demonstrate that your marriage is a legitimate one.
2. You are highly skilled in a medical or scientific field, or other field that have very high levels of education that will allow you to obtain a suitable type of work visa to to live in the United States while working.
3. You are being transferred to the United States by your employer, using the L visas.
4. You are able to invest in the United States and have the money to do so, using E-visas.
5. You have a family member who can sponsor you, who is a United States citizen or green card holder. The relative must be an immediate family member with few exceptions, such as a sibling or parent.
While there are several different ways one can immigrate to the United States from Canada, it is not an easy process. Applicants will have to ensure that they meet all of the requirements for the path to immigration that they have chosen, and will have to be prepared to be investigated thoroughly. There are also a number of work visa options for people who wish to work and live in the United States on a temporary basis.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Thanks to Alicea and Rania for their excellent service. This is the 2 nd time we are using them and they have always delivered successful results, even where other law firms has been unsuccessful. Alicea has been especially helpful and available to address all our concerns. She has an excellent work ethic. We will be using them again and always recommend them to our friends.
Migrating is a hard task for anyone. Finding a job is even harder. Once I got a job offer, things started moving rapidly. So, I called used VisaPlace (Niren and associates) to assist with the process. Rania and Richard deserve the utmost respect in getting the job done. They have been patient with me and some set backs. Very professional.! Hands down, money was well spent. Thanks Rania and Richard, you make an awesome team. You'll definitely have a repeat customer with me !! I was very impressed at how well they were organized and had a positive experience. Very good and professional work led to a successful outcome. I highly recommend using VisaPlace.
I'll like to say I had an awesome initial consultation with Rania Abboud. She was knowledgeable, made the initial process easy and understood my situation. I am excited and hopeful to continue consulting this company. You do a great job for immigrants. Also, Natalie Walcz was great, she handled my situation professionally. Great team. Definitely assets to your company.