How to apply for a TN visa
The TN visa is for Canadian citizens who have a job offer in the United States. The TN can be applied for at the United States border, which makes it an ideal visa for many Canadians. However, the TN visa, though processed very rapidly, is not always easy to obtain. If you do not bring everything you need to the border, you could be denied.
Those who wish to apply for the TN visa should know a few requirements:
- The applicant must be a Canadian citizen with a valid passport
- This passport must not expire before the TN visa does (3 years)
- The applicants job offer needs to be formatted as a petition for a TN visa by their potential employer
- The job must require a high level of education and skill as per the jobs listed in the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) for this visa
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate that they are qualified for the visa they have been offered
- Since the TN visa is not a permanent visa, the applicant needs to be prepared to give proof that they will leave the United States and return to Canada when necessary
We have over 15 years experience helping people like you obtain different kinds of visas. We help Canadians obtain work visas as well as provide support for the whole process. We are available to help, just give us a call at the phone number listed above. We are here for any questions you may have.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.