TN Visa Lawyers in Canada

The TN Visa is a kind of United States work visa available only to Canadian citizens and citizens of Mexico. It is a temporary work visa that is suitable to many Canadian citizens who want to work in the United States. However, like all United States visas there are strict eligibility requirements that you must meet before you can apply as well as a complex application process. 

Please note that permanent residents of Canada are not eligible to apply for a TN work visa, although they may have other options.

Applying for a TN Visa from Canada

If you intend on applying for a TN visa to work in the United States, you’ll need to make sure you have adequate time to gather all of your supporting documentation. This documentation is required for your application package, and if you forget any of these documents or the documents are not up to par, you could be denied.

Some of the required documentation includes:
Proof that you are a Canadian citizen via a birth certificate or a valid passport.
Your job offer letter, which must be formatted correctly by your United States employer to petition you for a TN visa.
Proof that your job offer is listed under chapter 15, schedule 2 of the North American Free Trade Agreement to ensure it is qualified for a TN visa.
-Evidence that you are qualified for the job you have been offered. This could be in the form of information from your current employer, work history information, reference letters or copies of any relevant degrees or diplomas.

You will also need a valid passport that won’t expire within the next three years, because the TN visa is a temporary work visa.

TN Visa Lawyers in Canada

We are a team of licensed immigration lawyers with over fifteen years of experience helping Canadians work in the United States. We have helped process many TN Visa applications as well as other United States work visa applications for Canadians who wish to work in the United States. If you would like to apply for a TN visa, doing it yourself with a TN visa kit may not get you the results you’re hoping for. Contact a licensed immigration lawyer in Canada who can help you understand the intricacies of the United States work visa process and give you the attention you deserve.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musaa month ago

Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.

Daxesh Patel2 months ago

I am grateful for the legal services that I got from Sanaa and Alicea of Visa Place. I was impressed by their client centered approach. Their professionalism involved their hearts and heads to work on my case. I cannot compare the time they spent on it with the money I paid. All they wanted was a fine final document. I also liked their prompt communication. They are really passionate about what they do.

Theresie Nuwimanaa month ago