How to immigrate to Canada

Do you want to immigrate to Canada? Canada is open for business, life, raising a family and more. There are many different ways you can immigrate to Canada. Immigrating to Canada generally falls into two categories: temporary residence and permanent residence. Permanent residence is when someone moves to Canada for good, while temporary residence is just that: temporary. Immigrate to Canada

Ways of immigrating to Canada temporarily or permanently

People can immigrate to Canada temporarily using work permits, study permits or visitor visas. Some of these visas, such as work and study permits, can eventually become permanent residents under the right circumstances.

Permanent residency can be achieved one of several different ways:

Canada Experience Class: The Canadian Experience Class is for individuals who are already in Canada on work permits or study permits and who have certain types of work experience and language abilities. These individuals can use their time in Canada as an advantage when applying for permanent residency.

Family Class: If you have a family member or spouse who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, they can apply to sponsor you to Canada as a permanent resident. Sponsors have to meet specific financial requirements in order to do so.

Provincial Nominee Programs: People can immigrate to different provinces and territories in Canada based on their skills or personal situations, and they can apply to be nominated by the province or territory for permanent residence.

Business Immigration: Canada has a number of business immigration programs, including the new Start-Up Visa program for entrepreneurs.

Skilled Workers: Skilled Workers can immigrate to Canada using their own credentials based on an assessment of their work experience, age, language abilities and more.

Do you want to immigrate to Canada permanently or temporarily? Give our immigration law firm a call. We are here to help you achieve your dreams in Canada!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • Hafsa

    I want to apply for permanent residence visa. Guide me how should I go about it

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugh2 weeks ago

Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!

P Eyre2 weeks ago

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheong4 weeks ago