There are new travel measures being taken to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and its variants in Canada. The Canadian Government has kept the narrative that they strongly advise all Canadians to cancel or postpone any non-essential travel plans outside of Canada. Those who decide to travel by air outside of Canada for any non-essential reasons will face consequences when they return to Canada. For those traveling to Canada there are new requirements for air travellers such as a required hotel stay.
New Requirements for Traveling to Canada
Those who are travelling to Canada must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test that was taken up to 72 hours before their scheduled departure time.
“As of February 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET, travellers, unless exempted, will also be required to:
- reserve a government-authorized hotel for 3 nights prior to departure to Canada
- take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival in Canada
- stay in the government-authorized hotel while awaiting the results of the COVID-19 molecular test taken on arrival
- pay for the cost of the hotel stay, as well as all associated costs for:
- infection prevention and control measures
Travellers must present proof of having reserved and pre-paid for their accommodation through ArriveCAN.
Travellers will still be required to complete the remainder of the mandatory 14-day quarantine after their mandatory hotel stopover.” – Source: IRCC
List of Government Approved Hotels
- Acclaim Hotel
- Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
British Columbia Hotels
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Radisson Vancouver Airport
- The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport
- Alt Hotel Pearson Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton
- Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
- Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport
- Aloft Montreal Airport
- Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Montreal Airport
- Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal
After the 3-Day Hotel Quarantine
After you have been quarantined in the government approved hotel for three days you will be required to take another COVID-19 molecular test during the next 14-day quarantine at your intended residence. Air travellers will be provided with a COVID test and instructions before leaving the airport.
Do You Need Help Entering Canada?
Our immigration lawyers have 40+ years of experience in presenting cases to the government by representing our clients.
Book a consultation today to speak with an immigration professional about our Entry Packages!