The Canadian Experience Class is an immigration program that paves the way to permanent residence in Canada for immigrants with experience living in Canada through Study Permits and Work Permits.

The Canadian Experience Class Application

The Canadian Experience Class program allows for international students and temporary foreign workers to transition from temporary residence to permanent residence, but there are some requirements.

Obtaining Permanent Resident Status Through Canadian Experience Class

Temporary foreign workers must have at least two years (within the last three years) of full-time Canadian skilled work experience and be proficient in English or French.

International students must have at least two years of post-secondary education, one year of full-time Canadian work experience and be proficient in English or Friend.

For both types of Canadian Experience Class streams, the work experience must be in a specific occupation. The Canadian Experience Class program was also updated in December of 2009, and more information on those updates is available here:

Applying for Permanent Resident Status Through Canadian Experience Class

Applicants are selected for the Canadian Experience Class based on a pass or fail system, meaning the application process is especially important to secure your chance at permanent resident status through the Canadian Experience Class.

Do You Need Help With Your Canadian Experience Class Application?

The new updates are complicated and difficult to navigate, which is why you should speak to a qualified immigration lawyer to see if this option is right for you. was founded over 15 years ago by Michael Niren, “To provide clients with affordable, effective and expeditious immigration solutions.” Let us help you with your Canadian Experience Class application.


About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.