Canadian Experience Class Open for Business

Introduction of the Canadian Experience Class

As of today, the Canadian Experience Class has come into effect as new immigration program aimed to help temporary foreign workers and foreign students to use their managerial, professional, technical or trade work experience towards their applications for Permanent Residency.

Specifically, the Canadian Experience Class will allow the transition from temporary residence to permanent residence for:

International Students with

  1. At least two years post secondary education in Canada and
  2. One year full–time Canadian skilled work experience in specific job categories and
  3. Language proficiency needed for occupation

Temporary Foreign Workers with

  1. At least two years of recent [in the last 3 years] full-time Canadian skilled work experience in specific job categories and
  2. Language proficiency needed for occupation

Advantages of the Canadian Experience Class

One advantage of the Canadian Experience Class over the the Skilled Worker category is that applicants will not be required to apply from their home country, but can apply for permanent residency while in Canada.  If they already have left Canada,  they will still be eligible to apply provided they do so within one year of leaving their job in Canada.

Read Canadian Experience Class Announcement from Citizenship and Immigration Canada here.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • peter

    I am working in canada 2 years now on foreign skilled worker as sales and marketing manager in a retail business . Am I elgible to go for CEC. which NOC should I go for

    • Michael Niren

      You may be eligible for a CEC Application. We would have to look into your case in more detail to see which NOC Occupation would be most suitable

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.