What Are The Requirements For The Canadian Experience Class?

If you want to immigrate to Canada under the Canadian Experience Class, understand that there are several very specific requirements you must meet before you do so. This is a very popular program as it leads to permanent residency in Canada, and there are even more spots being allotted to the program next year.  canadian-immigration-niren-associates

Who is eligible for the Canadian Experience Class?

Those who are eligible for the Canadian Experience Class are international students or temporary foreign workers. They must be international students who have at least two years of post-secondary education within Canada, who are proficient in English or French, and who have a year of full-time Canadian work experience in specific skilled work categories – OR – temporary foreign workers who have at least two years of recent, which means within the last three years, full-time Canadian work experience in a specific skilled job category and language proficiency in English or French.

The work experience must be within the last three years, and the applicants must have come to Canada to work or study legally on a Canadian work permit or study permit. At the time of their application they need to have valid temporary status, and the language proficiency required must be “moderate”.

The Canadian Experience Class is a relatively new program compared to other Canadian immigration streams, and as such is is continually evolving. The government has made a number of changes to it since it began, and the government is expected to make even more changes to it in the future to make it better suited for both immigrants and Canada’s economy.

If you feel you are qualified to become a permanent resident in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class, please contact a licensed immigration lawyer as soon as possible. We can help you apply for this program, which is highly competitive.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.