1 Answers

US Sponsorship for family members

Asked by: 464 views USA Immigration

I was in Canada on a student visa when I had gotten pregnant and had given birth to my son, who is technically a Canadian citizen. My visa is up and I wish to take my son and his father (who is also Canadian) back with me to the United States. How do I even begin this process? I know I could always just marry his father but, I don’t think our relationship is quite at the point as yet

1 Answers

  1. +1 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Hi there,

    Your son is likely deemed to be a US citizen (based on your status and presence in the US). He can get his his certificate of US citizenship through a US consulate in Canada. As for your boyfriend, unfortunately there is no way for you to personally sponsor him as a boyfriend. You may as his fiancee or wife. I would encourage you to seek an appointment with an experienced attorney to discuss these matters.

    [email protected]
    Niren & Associates
    (toll free) 1-866-929-0991
    (local) 416-410-7484

    Fadi Minawi - Sep 27, 2013 | Reply

Answer Question