Work visas for the United States

If you are a Canadian citizen or other foreign national, you must apply for a work visa before you are able to work legally in the United States. In most of these cases you must have an existing job offer, but that is not always the case.

There are many different types of United States work visas available, some of which are available exclusively to Canadian citizens. US Work Visa

Which United States work visa is right for me?

Determining which United States work visa is right for you can be a complicated process. For example, each of the work visas that are available has a different requirement and is meant for different situations.

If you are a Canadian citizen, you may find that the TN visa is right for you if you have a job offer in a certain type of application. This visa is only available for Canadian citizens under the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA.

There is also the H1B work visa, which is for individuals who have a job offer in a certain type of specialty occupation, which is an occupation that requires special skills or knowledge.

Applicants may also consider the E2 visa, which is an investor visa. Some E visas can even result in permanent residence in the United States.

If you are a Canadian or other foreign national who is being transferred to the United States, you can consider applying for an L-1 visa.

As you can see, there are many different types of visas that are available, and depending on your situation you may find one that is perfect for you. However, if you apply for one that you are not eligible for an are denied, this can have an effect on future applications.

Let us help you!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.