Do I need a visa to work in the United States?

The United States is often described as the land of opportunity, and there are many jobs there waiting for people to fill them. Many of these jobs require outside talent, education or skills that are not always found in the United States or with US citizens, so employers are allowed to bring in Canadians or other foreign workers. Work Visa for the United States

But even if you are a Canadian citizen, you can’t just start working in the United States. You need a visa, and more specifically you will need a work visa. Canadians have some advantages that other foreign nationals do not, from expedited visa applications to special work visas. However, any foreign national can apply for a visa to work in the United States.

Can an immigration lawyer help me with applying for a United States work visa?

A licensed immigration lawyer can be a great asset when it comes to applying for any United States visa, including United States work visas. This is because every kind of United States work visa has very specific requirements, and every situation is different.

Filling out an application form is not all the a work visa application is, there are many other components to the process. In addition, it is vital that you explore your options before you make your application so that you apply for the correct visa, and that you are eligible.

If you apply for the wrong visa or make an error in your application, you could end up being denied and this denial could have a negative affect on any future United States work visa applications you decide to make.

We have helped many foreign nationals work in the United States, and we can help you too! Please call us for assistance.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.

Jason Mayerin the last week

The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.

Brad Davies2 weeks ago

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walker3 weeks ago