Which United States Work Visa Do I Need?


Did you know that if you are a foreign national who wants to work in the United States, you must first obtain a United States work visa? These work visas are necessary to work legally in the United States as a foreign national, even if you are a Canadian citizen.

However, it’s not as if there is one United States work visa that you can apply for if you need to work in the United States. There are multiple types of United States work visas, each applicable to certain situations. Finding out which United States visa is right for you can be tricky, but there may be one that is perfect for you!

Deciding on a United States Work Visa

There are many different types of United States work visas, even work visas just for Canadian citizens like the TN visa. This visa is for people who have a job offer already in a certain type of professional occupation, which is one that requires a higher level of skill or education.

There are also H1B visas, which are for specialty occupations. Specialty occupations generally require a university education and a specific type of skill or work experience.

There are also visas that are completely different, like E-visas for investors or traders from certain countries, as well as L-visas for people who are being transferred from a foreign company to a branch or subsidiary in the United States.

Do You Need An Immigration Attorney?

Do you want to work in the United States? Are you being transferred to the United States, or do you have a job offer in the United States? Our immigration law firm has been helping people work in the United States for over 15 years, and we can help you. Please give us a call and we can assess your case, find out which United States work visa is best for you and then help you apply for one. You are closer than you think!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Migrating is a hard task for anyone. Finding a job is even harder. Once I got a job offer, things started moving rapidly. So, I called used VisaPlace (Niren and associates) to assist with the process. Rania and Richard deserve the utmost respect in getting the job done. They have been patient with me and some set backs. Very professional.! Hands down, money was well spent. Thanks Rania and Richard, you make an awesome team. You'll definitely have a repeat customer with me !! I was very impressed at how well they were organized and had a positive experience. Very good and professional work led to a successful outcome. I highly recommend using VisaPlace.

RenaisTTin the last week

I'll like to say I had an awesome initial consultation with Rania Abboud. She was knowledgeable, made the initial process easy and understood my situation. I am excited and hopeful to continue consulting this company. You do a great job for immigrants. Also, Natalie Walcz was great, she handled my situation professionally. Great team. Definitely assets to your company.

Jeffery Yirenkyia week ago

Completely smooth process. Rania did a great job in my Canada work permit. The team is absolutely competent and knowledgeable. Alicea was so amazing and was able to answer any of my questions immediately. I had peace of mind throughout the application. I would recommend them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications.

Theressa Jaranillaa month ago