How to get a United States work visa

Any foreign national who wishes to work in the United States will typically have to apply for a United States work visa or work permit before they can be allowed to work in the United States legally. US work visa

There are a number of work visa types available for foreign nationals, some of which are specifically for Canadians or are faster for Canadians to obtain.

Regardless of which United States work visa you choose, you must ensure that your application is filled out properly, that you have obtained and provided all of the necessary supporting documentation for the work visa in question and that you have chosen the correct work visa type for your situation.

Applying for a United States work visa

The two major steps to applying for a United States work visa are choosing the United States work visa that you think applies to your own immigration situation and then contacting a licensed immigration lawyer for assistance with your work visa application.

United States work visa applications are not easy to make, because there are so many different components to these applications. In addition, if you were to make a mistake on your application or apply for a wrong visa you could experience a denial, which will have a negative effect on any future United States work visa applications.

For assistance with your United States work visa application, for an assessment of your own case and for the best chance of success with working in the United States, please contact our immigration law firm. We can help you!

Contact us at the telephone number on the top of this page for assistance with your United States work visa application. We have helped countless Canadian citizens and other foreign nationals work in the United States, and we can help you as well.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musaa month ago

Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.

Daxesh Patel2 months ago

I am grateful for the legal services that I got from Sanaa and Alicea of Visa Place. I was impressed by their client centered approach. Their professionalism involved their hearts and heads to work on my case. I cannot compare the time they spent on it with the money I paid. All they wanted was a fine final document. I also liked their prompt communication. They are really passionate about what they do.

Theresie Nuwimanaa month ago