Study in Canada on a Canadian study permit

If you would like to go to school in Canada, you could count yourself be among the over 130,000 students from other countries who do the very same thing every year. Attending school in Canada is a powerful way to expand your knowledge while also studying French or English, and thanks to the the CEC, or Canadian Experience Class, you may be able to eventually apply for permanent resident status depending on their qualifications. But if you want to come to Canada to go to school, you will more than likely need a student visa or study permit. 

Study in Canada on a Canadian study permit

Are you a foreign student who wants to go to school in Canada? It can depend on your native country, but you may have to apply for a temporary resident visa so that you enter Canada in the first place, depending on if your home country is visa-exempt or not. It is a possibility that you will have to pass a medical examination, also.

There are also two other requirements in addition to the above if you wish to attend school in Canada as an international student. These requirements are:

1. Someone who wishes to apply for a student visa has to have a letter of acceptance issued by a qualified education institution in Canada.

2. You have to have enough money to support yourself and cover your expenses like housing when you are studying along with covering all of your tuition. Even though international students are permitted to work in certain circumstances (like working on-campus or as a part of your study program), you cannot depend on that to support you entirely.

Study permit law firms in Canada

Although not every international student will need a student visa to study at a Canadian college or university, most students will. If you need to go to school in Canada, consult with a reputable immigration representative to ensure that your study permit application is fully taken care of. We can offer assistance and have experience assisting international students who wish to study at one of the many world-renowned Canadian universities and colleges. Call us to speak with a licensed immigration lawyer before the next school year!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • thank you very much ..

  • suzain

    Thanks for great sharing post. Its very comprehensive information for eveyone, very important to know about Study In Canada

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.