How a Permanent Residence Application works
- Applications for Permanent Residence are submitted to the CIO for a first assessment and positive assessments are communicated by email. It is therefore very important to provide correct email addresses! For our clients cases, we provide both email addresses of our clients AND our law firm.
- The CIO will not verify whether you identified correct visa office, ensure that you are marking the correct visa post who will process the application.
- Note that the CIO only determines eligibility for the application but does not make final decisions.
- At the CIO stage it is essential that the NOC Codes for your occupation be correctly identified and marked otherwise you risk having your application returned costing months of delay.
- For the CIO to take your case, applicants must be living (working or studying) in Canada for 1 year as well as demonstrate a continuity of attachment to the labour market. Temporary foreign workers or international students must be residing legally in Canada for at least 12 months immediately before submitting the application.
- The Language test (IELTS) do not need to be submitted at the CIO stage. IELTS are submitted to the visa office when eligibility is met.
- If the job duties are not similar to the NOC job duties, the application will be refused.