About E Visas for the United States

 E-visa for investors

Did you know that there are work visas available for people who want to invest in or start a business in the United States? People who want to work in trade or investment in the United States can apply for an E-visa.

Understanding E Visas for the United States

E visas are for traders and investors. The E-1 visa is for Traders, and the E-2 visa is for Investors.

If you want to obtain an E-2 visa, you must make a substantial investment in the Untied States and there are strict conditions on this investment. They include that you demonstrate these funds are available for this investment, that the investment is in an actual business that is active and not just buying a home, that 50 per cent of the business will be owned by a foreign national whose country has a treaty with the United States and that the investment creates profit for more than just the foreign national.

Who Can Apply for an E-visa?

Whether or not you can apply for an E-visa depends on the country in which you hold citizenship. Countries must have signed a treaty with the United States for the visas, and a list of countries who have treaties signed with the United States can be found here.

New countries are added to the list all of the time.

Are You Interested in a E Visa to the US?

Do you want to invest in or start a business in the United States? Do you want to be involved in the exchange, purchase or sale of goods, services or merchandise? Niren & Associates has over 15 years of experience in helping foreign nationals work in the United States, and we can help you too.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.