Top 10 Reasons Why an E-2 Visa May be Right for You


1) Allows an investor from a qualifying country to live and work in the US (for the company he/she is investing in)

2) Allows an E-2 principal’s spouse to be able to work for any US company including the E-2 company with an open work permit

3) Allows dependent children under 21 to attend school without a student visa

4) You do not need an existing foreign company to apply for an E-2 visa

5) Although investment levels vary, we have successfully had E-2s issued with investments of less than $38,000 be successful

6) This visa is renewable indefinitely so long as the business continues to exist and is active

7) It is eligible for up to five years at a time (depending on nationality) making it the longest issued employment visa at any one time

8) Many business setups may qualify, including, start-ups, existing businesses, franchises, partnerships, etc.

9) You DO NOT require to have a US citizen/Permanent Resident partner – i.e. a foreign individual can own the business 100%.

10) Getting the E-2 visa can be quick!

Do you need help with your immigration ?
Complete our free assessment at And we will get back to you within 24 hours! We’re here to help

About Fadi Minawi

Fadi primarily practices in US Immigration Law. He assists with matters relating to business immigration (including: relocation, expansion, investments, and work visas), litigation, admissibility issues, customs forfeitures and other cross-border issues. Fadi is also a criminal defense attorney and can assist with criminal matters in the US. Read more

  • Francis R. Alvarez

    I need thus e2 visa coz am planing to invest to certain company in usa

    • Muga Rajbhandari

      Hello Francis. I am going to suggest that you contact us to make an appointment to talk with one of our US immigration professionals who will be able to plan the best strategy for you. You can book an appointment by calling us at 1-855-886-8472 or online at
      Regards, Muga

  • Krunal patel

    If i like to appy this visa what i need documents

    • Vahe Mirzoyan

      Hello Krunal. You will need all your documents. Contact us to make an appointment to talk with one of our immigration professionals. You can call us at 1-855-886-8472 or online at
      Regards, Vahe

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugh3 weeks ago

Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!

P Eyre3 weeks ago

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheonga month ago