Investing in the United States

Are you interested in living and working in the United States? Did you know that by investing in or starting a United States business, you can obtain an E2 visa? This is a special type of work visa available for individuals who are able to invest in the United States. There is also an E1 visa, which is available for trade in the United States. E2 Investor Visas

In order to obtain an E2 visa for investment in the United States, applicants must be able to meet certain requirements. After they meet these requirements, they can apply.

Requirements for obtaining an E2 visa for the United States

In order to obtain an E2 visa for the United States, applicants must be able to show they they have the ability to make a substantial investment in a new or existing business and that those funds and be committed to the investment.

The investment itself must be in an active business, not in a passive investment such as purchasing a house. In addition, this business must be at least half owned by an alien who is from a country that has a treaty with the United States for this visa.

The investment must generate enough profit that is more than the alien and their family can live off of.

Not just anyone can apply for this visa. Your country of citizenship must be a country that has a treaty in place with the United States for such a visa. A list of those countries can be found here.

Do you meet the requirements for obtaining an E2 visa for the United States? Give our immigration law firm a call right away! We have experience in helping people immigrate to the United States on all types of business and work visas, including the E2 visa. We have been in business for over 15 years and we can help you, too.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.