Will a TRP help me if I have been denied entry to Canada?

Are you a foreign national or United States citizen who has a criminal record or who has been denied entry to Canada? Do you worry that if you attempt to travel to Canada, you will be denied because of a medical issue? Denied Entry to Canada DUI

These days, the Canada has increased security around its borders and has stricter restrictions on who is allowed into the country and who is not. However, sometimes people are caught up in these restrictions when they don’t deserve to be because they pose no threat to Canada or Canadians. If this applies to you, you could consider applying for a Temporary Resident Permit, or TRP. This can certainly help you if you have been denied entry.

Speak to a licensed immigration lawyer about your TRP application

A licensed immigration lawyer is the best bet for determining if you should apply for a temporary resident permit, or to explore the other options that are available to you. An immigration lawyer can also review your situation and determine if you will indeed be admissible or inadmissible to Canada.

They can offer valuable advice, including what to apply for (there are additional options other than Temporary Resident Permits) as well as how and where you should apply for these documents.

For example, someone who is a United States Citizen can apply for a Temporary Resident permit at the US-Canada border, which can be quite a speedy process. However, there is always the risk that person can be denied their Temporary Resident Permit and be stuck back at square one, having travelled all of the way to the border at great expense and inconvenience.

There is also the opportunity to apply for the Temporary Resident Permit at your nearest Canadian consulate or embassy. While this process can take a little longer, you do not need to travel to the border and it may be more convenient.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

After initially having a very bad experience with one of their immigration consultants and after posting a negative review on Google I was immediately contacted by the Managing Director to reschedule another consultation to try and provide me with a more positive experience. I have been impressed by their attention to customer service as a result of this and I appreciate the initiative that they have taken to turn my negative experience into a positive one. My second consultation was a great experience, I spoke with Brian about my Canadian PR application and he was able to give me great advice and was extremely helpful. He answered all my questions and explained the process of how to apply and was very patient with me which I really appreciate.

Madhav Kin the last week

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musaa month ago

Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.

Daxesh Patela month ago