Skilled Immigrants ‘Express Entry’ Launch
The Canadian government began recruiting in 50 separate occupations back in May in order to prepare for the launch of the highly anticipated Express Entry program at the start of next year.
The new program is set to offer skilled immigrants a means of gaining express entry as permanent residents to work in jobs where there is a considerable shortage of Canadian workers.
‘Express Entry’ Launch
According to the government, the express entry program will make up for shortcomings in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (FSWP), and help to ensure that skilled and specialist workers can settle comfortably in the country in order to catch up with the country’s growing labour demand.
According to Immigration Minister Chris Alexander, the new program has become a “top priority” for his department, and will launch on January 1.
How Skilled Immigrants May Benefit
Skilled immigrants could benefit from express entry having applied via the FSWP, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), along with the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and also via a section of the Provincial Nominee Program.
On May 1, the Canadian government started accepting 25,000 applications under the FSWP, a significant increase from last year’s 5,000 applications.
Eligible Professions that Immigrants May Apply
In other great news, the number of professions that are eligible for immigrants to apply for has also been doubled. The country is now actively recruiting skilled immigrants for the FSWP for the 50 occupations below: (via CBC News)
- Senior managers for services including financial, communications and other business (0013)
- Senior managers for trade, broadcasting and non-classified services (0015)
- Financial managers (0111)
- Human resources managers (0112)
- Purchasing managers (0113)
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers (0121)
- Healthcare managers (0311)
- Construction managers (0711)
- Home building and renovation managers (0712)
- Managers for natural resources production and fishing (0811)
- Managers in manufacturing (0911)
- Financial auditors and accountants (1111)
- Financial and investment analysts (1112)
- Security agents, brokers and investment dealers (1113)
- Financial officers (1114)
- Professionals in advertising, public relations and marketing (1123)
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers (1212)
- Property administrators (1224)
- Geoscientists and oceanographers (2113)
- Civil engineers (2131)
- Mechanical engineers (2132)
- Electrical and electronics engineers (2133)
- Petroleum engineers (2145)
- Information systems analysts and consultants (2171)
- Database analysts and data administrators (2172)
- Software designers and engineers (2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (2174)
- Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians (2232)
- Construction estimators (2234)
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (2241)
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics (2243)
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (2263)
- Computer network technicians (2281)
- Nursing coordinators and supervisors (3011)
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (3012)
- Specialist physicians (3111)
- General practitioners and family physicians (3112)
- Nutritionists and dietitians (3132)
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists (3141)
- Physiotherapists (3142)
- Occupational therapists (3143)
- Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists (3214)
- Medical radiation technologists (3215)
- Medical sonographers (3216)
- Licensed practical nurses (3233)
- Paramedical occupations (3234)
- University professors and lecturers (4011)
- Psychologists (4151)
- Early childhood educators and assistants (4214)
- Translators, terminologists and interpreters (5125)
Are You a Skilled Immigrant Interested in ‘Express Entry’?
If you’re in need of immigration services regarding ‘Express Entry’, contact the experts at VisaPlace today to book a consultation.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Completely smooth process. Rania did a great job in my Canada work permit. The team is absolutely competent and knowledgeable. Alicea was so amazing and was able to answer any of my questions immediately. I had peace of mind throughout the application. I would recommend them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications.
I highly recommend VisaPlace to anyone seeking help with navigating the legal minefield that is Permanent Residency. As someone who is very easily stressed, Lauren & Mariana have saved me a lot of sleepless nights. They are fast, efficient, reliable and honest and I will be telling any of my friends to use them for immigration. Thanks to them, my future with my husband in Canada is bright
Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.