If you’ve received notification of a Canada visa refusal from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, it can be extremely distressing. Note that you do have options when it comes to appealing a Canadian visa refusal, however, time is not on your side. You may only have a very short window of time in which to appeal your Canadian visa refusal, even as little as 30 days. If you have been refused for immigration or had an application denied, it is very important that you act immediately.
How to Appeal a Canada Visitor Visa Refusal?
The appeal options for Canadian visa refusal are:
- Making a request for restoration to the Case Processing Centre or CPC.
- Appealing your Canadian visa refusal to the Immigration Adjudication Division, or IAD.
- Appealing your Canadian visa refusal to the Federal Court of Canada.
Sample Appeal Letter for Canada Visa Refusal
If you were denied a Canada visa you can send in an appeal letter for the government to reassess your case. We highly recommend only having an immigration professional help you with this step to avoid any possible mistakes and ensure the best chance for approval.
In an appeal letter you want to include the following:
- The date and address of the embassy
- Personal details and current address
- The date your Canadian application was rejected
- The main body of the appeal letter includes why they refused your application, why you believe that they made a mistake with their decision, and prove their decision was wrong.
- Travel history and previous visas
- Reasons why you wanted a Canadian visa
- Create a sense of urgency
- Hand Signature
- Include all the required documents in an attachment to the appeal letter
Appeal Options for Immigration Refusal in Canada
There are several different options available to you if you have been denied to come to Canada. You can:
- appeal your immigration application refusal to the Federal Court of Canada
- appeal your immigration application refusal to the Immigration Adjudication Division (IAD)
- make a request to restoration to the Case Processing Centre (CPC)
It is not always easy to determine which of these options is the right one for you, particularly because it depends on several factors.
Is Appealing a Canadian Visa Refusal the Right Option for Me?
Which option for appealing against a Canadian visa rejection is right for you depends on many things, including what type of visa application it was. Did you apply for permanent residency, or did you apply for a Canadian visitor visa or study visa? Different avenues of appeal are better suited for different types of visas and personal circumstances.
You may only have as few as thirty days to appeal your Canadian visa refusal. This is a very short deadline and you must act quickly.
Appealing a Canadian visa refusal is an extremely complicated and delicate process. You will have to effectively demonstrate why your application should not have been denied and why you deserve a second chance. A licensed immigration lawyer can be your biggest asset and advantage during an appeal against a Canadian visa refusal!
Do You Need Help with a Canada Visa Appeal?
If so, Contact VisaPlace today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals and consultants who work for Niren and Associates an award-winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at 1-877-296-0874.
Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs?
Click here to fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form below and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.
The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.