E-B5 Visas for Canadians


Overview of the E-B5 United States Work Visa for Canadians

The purpose of the E-B5 United States Work Visa is to attract foreign capital to the United States, which in turn creates jobs for Americans. This is an investor visa category, with a minimum investment of $500,000 to $1,000,000. 

Requirements for the E-B5 Work Visa

For the E-B5 Work Visa, there are three basic requirements. These requirements are as follows:

1. You must create or invest in a business that was created after November 19, 1990. 
2. You must have invested at least $1 million (although in some cases you may be able to invest $500,000) in this business. 
3. This business must create full-time jobs for at the very least, 10 United States workers. 

The meet these requirements, you may create an original business using the aforementioned minimum investment, purchase and restructure an organization that already exists to create a new commercial organization, or expand and existing business (created after November 1990) with your investment to create the required number of jobs.

Investments can include cash, cash equivalents, equipment, tangible property, inventory and more, all obtained using legal means.

Supporting Documents for the E-B5 Work Visa

When you want to obtain an E-B5 Work Visa, you must include a very large number of different supporting documents relating to yourself and to your business. These documents include:

  • Business plan
  • Articles of incorporation
  • State business licenses
  • Documentation of source investment
  • A statement of position or title and a description of duties
  • Evidence of lease agreements
  • Evidence that the required amount of capital has been transferred
  • And more.

We can help you obtain an E-B5 United States Work Visa. For more information on this visa, please visit this page on our website here.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.

Jason Mayerin the last week

The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.

Brad Davies2 weeks ago

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walker3 weeks ago