Immigration to the United States from Canada

If you are a Canadian citizen who wishes to immigrate to the United States from Canada, there are several different immigration streams you can use to do so. US immigration

However, it is vital that you choose the right immigration stream, as they are all quite different and each has their own specific requirements. If you are a Canadian citizen who wishes to immigrate to the United States, speak with a licensed immigration lawyer to determine the best way to do so.

Ways to immigrate to the United States from Canada

1. Family Sponsorship. If you have close family such as a mother, father, brother or sister in the United States who is an American citizen, they can sponsor you for permanent residency.

2. Spousal Sponsorship. If you have married an American citizen or an American permanent resident card holder, they can sponsor you for permanent residency.

3. Investors. Investors who have a certain amount of capital and the capability to invest in or purchase a business in the United States could eventually become permanent residents.

4. Work visas. While most United States work visas are temporary, if you have been working in the United States on a certain kind of work visa your employer could sponsor you for permanent residency.

Immigrating to the United States can take months or even several years depending on the method of immigration that you choose. Keep in mind that any kind of immigration process can be very difficult, but you can save yourself time and stress by speaking to a licensed immigration lawyer about your immigration goals. We are available to help you choose an immigration stream that you are eligible for, while ensuring that your application is prepared properly and is just what United States visa officers are looking for.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.