About the Start-Up Visa Program for Canada


The government of Canada has just launched a new visa program for entrepreneurs called the Start Up Visa. This visa is a great opportunity for people who have great business ideas to put them to use and bring them to Canada.

New Start-Up Visa Program in Canada

The Start-up Visa is expected to be extremely popular and there will be limited space every year until the visa is made permanent, which will happen if the program is deemed to be popular enough. The program is also a great way for those with special skills to use them to immigrate, as opposed to the H1B work visa for the United States which does not necessarily lead to permanent residency.

Am I Eligible for the Start Up Visa Program in Canada?

There are three main requirements for the Start Up Visa program in Canada.

1. The first requirement is that you have an intermediate knowledge of English or French, and you must be able to demonstrate this.

2. You must also be able to demonstrate that you have completed one year of post-secondary education.

3. The most significant requirement of the Start Up Visa program is that you can secure minimum funding of at least $200,000 from a designated venture capital organization or $75,000 from an approved angel investor.

If you are able to secure the funding, you can obtain permanent residency in Canada through your Start-Up visa.

Do You Want to Immigrate to Canada as an Entrepreneur?

We can help you! We are fully equipped to handle this new visa program in Canada, and we can help you apply for permanent residency in Canada with this visa.

All of Niren & Associates’ cases are handled by independent, licensed and award winning Canadian and U.S. lawyers who adhere to the highest standards of client service. If you have immigration questions, we may have the answers you seek. Just give us a call at the number above to get started.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.