Make Sure You Renew Your Permanent Resident Card In Advance
As of March 27th, 2013, processing times for the renewal of permanent residency cards in Canada (PR cards) are 73 days. This is the same amount for replacement cards and initial cards as well.
Every permanent resident card has an expiry date, which is why you need to apply to renew your card as soon as you realize that it is going to expire soon. Renewal times can fluctuate, so a few months in advance is the best timeframe to do so in.
How to renew your permanent resident card
1. Read and understand all of the instructions related to the application. It is important that you follow the instructions for any immigration application properly to avoid a processing delay.
2. Fill out the application forms completely, without missing any spaces. If you miss a space, the visa officer may think that you have skipped something. Instead, write “NA” in the spot rather than leave it blank.
3. Compose your application package using the required supporting documents. Ensure that you follow the instructions as they can be specific regarding the proper format of these documents.
4. Have a licensed immigration lawyer review your application form to ensure there are no errors or omissions, and that your application to renew your card is ready for processing.
5. Submit your application package to the proper Case Processing Centre, and photocopy the courier slip for your records.
While it may seem straightforward, immigration applications are not easy and there are stumbling blocks along the way. For example, you may have had difficulty in meeting the residency requirement, or you may have to receive you permanent resident card right away and can’t wait several months for it to be processed. Whatever your situation, we can help you! Contact us at the number above for assistance.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.
Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.