Make Sure You Renew Your Permanent Resident Card In Advance
As of March 27th, 2013, processing times for the renewal of permanent residency cards in Canada (PR cards) are 73 days. This is the same amount for replacement cards and initial cards as well.
Every permanent resident card has an expiry date, which is why you need to apply to renew your card as soon as you realize that it is going to expire soon. Renewal times can fluctuate, so a few months in advance is the best timeframe to do so in.
How to renew your permanent resident card
1. Read and understand all of the instructions related to the application. It is important that you follow the instructions for any immigration application properly to avoid a processing delay.
2. Fill out the application forms completely, without missing any spaces. If you miss a space, the visa officer may think that you have skipped something. Instead, write “NA” in the spot rather than leave it blank.
3. Compose your application package using the required supporting documents. Ensure that you follow the instructions as they can be specific regarding the proper format of these documents.
4. Have a licensed immigration lawyer review your application form to ensure there are no errors or omissions, and that your application to renew your card is ready for processing.
5. Submit your application package to the proper Case Processing Centre, and photocopy the courier slip for your records.
While it may seem straightforward, immigration applications are not easy and there are stumbling blocks along the way. For example, you may have had difficulty in meeting the residency requirement, or you may have to receive you permanent resident card right away and can’t wait several months for it to be processed. Whatever your situation, we can help you! Contact us at the number above for assistance.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
I had an amazing experience with this immigration firm! They helped me to obtain B2 Tourist Visa to U.S. I went for legal support as in the past I was denied of entry due to working without proper authorization. The process itself was smooth, stuff was very helpful along the way. Special thanks to Renee Thompson who handle it and explained and guided through the process and helped to prepare for the interview. Would definitely recommend to anyone !!
Personally, I went through a lot with my immigration papers. But Karina and Lauren were very helpful and responsive to all our questions and concerns. Thank you once again on doing a great job. I would highly recommend Karina and Lauren and her firm.
I hired Visa Place for my US E2 visa application. The team at Visa place understood my business very well and prepare my case accordingly. Fadi and Natalie are very knowledgeable, my main contact was Natalie, she answered all my questions and concerns in detail and in timely manner, mostly within few hours. Thanks Visa Place team for your help and support during the process that produce successful result. See you again in 5 years for visa renewal application.