Are you currently working and have experience as a nurse and also interested in immigrating to Canada? We have wonderful news for you! Canada is seeking to hire over 60,000 individuals countrywide who hold different nursing skills and experience by 2022.
Job Description (NOC 3012/31301)
The job a nurse has can differ depending on what kind of nursing they intend on practicing. However, each nurse is responsible for interacting with patients and caring for them through their physical, intellectual, and social needs. Most nurses in Canada use high-tech equipment, perform complex procedures, and lead and manage staff.
Salary Average: $78,546 CAD per year
There are several NOC codes referring to Nurses.
NOC 31300 – Nursing coordinators and supervisors
NOC 31301 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
NOC 31303 – Physician assistants, midwives and allied health professionals
NOC 32101 – Licensed practical nurses
NOC 33102 – Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
Canada Nurse Requirements
To work in Canada as a nurse, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have your credentials assessed by a recognized agency
- You must apply to the nursing regulatory body of the province or territory where you wish to live and work in Canada
- You must register with either the Canadian Nurses Association (CAN) or the Canadian Council for Practical Nurse Regulators (CCPNR)
- You must write the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) or the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam (CPNRE). This exam can only be written in Canada.
Step-by-Step Immigration to Canada to Practice Nursing
- Hire an Immigration Lawyer – There are many documents and requirements for those looking to work and live in Canada, even more, if you are looking to practice nursing. An immigration lawyer will help you organize these documents and requirements to find you the best path for Canadian immigration
- Find out which province you want to reside – Depending on which province you want to move to will determine the requirements you must reach to practice nursing in Canada.
- Obtain medical license – Depending on which province you decide to live in it will be required to apply to the nursing regulatory body of the province to practice nursing.
Visa Options for Foreign-Born Nurses Immigrating to Canada
Since nurses are currently in high demand in Canada, there are many ways to immigrate to Canada as a nurse. Here are some of the most popular ways you can do so:
Canada’s Express Entry Program is aimed toward skilled workers who wish to move to Canada. To be considered eligible for this program, your occupation will need to be grouped in skill level 0, A, or B. This means that all nurses except for nurses’ aides, orderlies, and patient service associates are eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, managed by the Express Entry system.
Provincial Nominee Program
This program allows you to immigrate to Canada if you are a skilled or semi-skilled worker and have a valid job offer that is needed in a particular province or territory. Each province or territory has its own PNP with in-demand occupation lists intended to meet the individual needs of its labour market. This will require that you send an Expression of Interest to relocate to the relevant region.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is similar to the Provincial Nominee Program described above. It is aimed at skilled individuals who know which province they would like to settle in when they arrive in Canada and assuming that province is one of the four participating provinces in this immigration pilot.
This program was aimed to address the labour shortages in the four Atlantic provinces; Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. All occupations in the medical healthcare fields are in high demand in Atlantic Canada. If you have a full time valid job offer in one of the four provinces listed above, you can apply for permanent residency at the same time as you apply for your Canadian work permit.
Are You Interested in Migrating to Canada as a Nurse?
Immigrating to Canada is not a completely straightforward process. The laws are somewhat complex, and for this reason, it helps to work with an immigration professional to help you.
If so, Contact VisaPlace today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals and consultants who work for VisaPlace Legal an award winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at 1-877-296-0874.
Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs?
Fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.
The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.