More Foreign Visitors are Expected as 2012 Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Opens
TORONTO, ONTARIO–- This year’s Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival is officially opened. The 2012 Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival is a festival celebrating Caribbean culture and traditions.
2012 Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival
The event that is regarded as the largest street festival in the North America is patronized by over a million spectators from around the world. This may mark a three-week visitor visa season for foreign travelers who come to Toronto to witness the festival’s opening and the grandest final parade, which is expected to gather roughly two million attendees.
The Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival does not only bring joy to Canadians, Toronto residents, and foreign travelers, it also contributes an annual revenue of over $400 million to Ontario’s economy.
The festival, which is going to last for three weeks, will mark its 45th anniversary as it features Caribbean music, arts, and cuisine. The parade will be celebrated at Lake Shore Boulevard.
Schedule of events
- The Junior Carnival and Family Day – is going to be presentes by Chevrolet on July 21, 2012. The Parade will be held from 11am to 2pm. The Family Day is from 2pm to 8pm at Downsview Park. There is no admission fee to join.
- Canada versus Jamaica Rugby League – is going to be held on July 21, 2012 at 7:00 o’clock in the evening at Allan Lamport Stadium. The general admission is $25.00.
- FMC Barbecue – will be held on July 25, 2012 at the FMC headquarters. Admission is free.
- Annual Gala– is going to be conducted on July 27, 2012 at Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex. Admission will cost $160.00.
- Carnival: Emancipation to Celebrations– is going to be celebrated on July 28, 2012 at Royal Ontario Museum (ROM). This is entirely free for public viewing.
- Calypso Monarch Finals– this will showcase the energetic performers on July 28, 2012 at PC HO Cultural Centre. The cost of admission will be announced later by the organizer.
- Toronto Pearson Official Launching– will be promoting the festival at the gate entrance to the City with entertainment on July 31, 2012 from 3pm to 5pm at Pearson Airport, Terminal 3. The event is free.
- Calypso All Stars Showcase– will be performed on July 31, 2012 at Harbourfront Centre. The cost to view the event is to be announced soon.
- King and Queen Competition and Show– will be presented by Chevrolet on August 2, 2012 at Allan Lamport Stadium. The admission fees are as follows:
- Advance – $30.00
- Gate – $35.00
- Seniors – $30.00
- V.I.P. – $100.00
- Group of 25 to 30 persons – $2,400.00
- Pan Alive– will be an evening for musical displays and steel pan tonal quality competitions for members of steelpan Association. The event can be viewed on August 3, 2012 for a general admission fee of $25.00.
- Grand Parade– will be held on Saturday, August 4, 2012 at Exhibition Place & Lakeshore Blvd. The fees are categorized:
- Adult Stand Or Bleachers – $20.00
- Seniors Stand Or Bleachers – $15.00
- Child Stand Or Bleachers – $15.00
- Cabana – with maximum of 15 persons – $600.00
- Child Cabana – $20.00
- Individual Cabana Ticket – $40.00
- Grand Parade Ontario Place Paid Viewing– will be on Saturday, August 4, 2012 with the following fees:
- Cabana- maximum of 15 persons – $900
- Cabana $60 per person- less than 15 person can join Cabana
- V.I.P- Adult – $60
- Children- under 12 yrs – $25
- Senior – $45
- Group of 25-30 persons – with Cabanas at $50 per person. Only a maximum of 15 persons may join Cabana.
- Beyond De lime – Fish Friday and J’ouvert– is scheduled on August 5, 2012 at CNE. The cost of admission is $20.00.
- Beyond De Lime – Food Festival & Concert– will be had on August 5, from 12pm to 9pm at Polson Pier. This costs $20.00 for regular viewers, and $85.00 for VIPs.
- Closing Festival Church Service– is on August 12, at 4:30 pm at St. James Cathedral.
Whether you are coming to Toronto as a visitor for a festival or as an immigrant, Niren and Associates can certainly help you with your immigration application or concern. For over 15 years, Niren and Associates has earned the trust and respect of clients who made it to Canada through the help of the firm’s skilled immigration lawyers.
To inquire about immigration issues, you may call 1-866-929-0991or email [email protected].
About Michael Niren
Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.