Want to know how we help people with Express Entry to Canada?
The new Express Entry immigration process began on January 1st, 2015. It will remain to be seen how successful the program is. But so far there is a lot of interest and the government promises to streamline the process for those that are eligible.
However, the criteria and process can be complicated despite what the government says. When we get inquires from people interested in the Entry Program this is how we evaluate whether someone qualifies:
Step 1: Does the client qualify for one of the available programs?
The programs are as follows
- Canadian Experience Class (Must have 1 year of full time work experience in a skilled occupation 0, A or B for at least 30 hours a week OR equivalent part time work experience in the past 3 years. This can be obtained on a closed WP, Post Graduate WP, some Open work permits. Cannot be obtained on On-campus WP, Off campus WP, refugee WP)
- FSW (the applicant must score 67 points out of 100 points. Factors: Age, Education, Experience, Adaptability, English. NO LIST OF OCCPATIONS according to the new Express Entry. The experience needs to be in 0 A or B ).
- PNP (When clients have a nomination form one of the provinces)
- FSTW (there is a list of occupation. The candidate needs to have an LMIA or Trade certificate)
Step 2: You need to assess them as for a regular program first (FSW is the most common) and explain new Express Entry program.
We create an online profile which is valid for 12 months. It is not an easy process like a lot of people think. It is a separate application that needs to be prepared properly and uploaded online. The profile is a first step to obtain a PR. The candidates will be selected based on the ranking system. The total points are 1200 where you can score around 600 based on your own credentials and another 600 for the Nomination or LMIA.
Whoever scores the highest-gets the invitation from the CIC to apply for the PR. There is no threshold that you need to meet in regards to the 1200 points. However, it also depends how well the profile is presented to the officer. It is extremely important to register the profile accurately from the first time.
There are cases now where people are actually charged with misrepresentation because the information was not disclosed or the applicants thought the information is not important. That means that they are not able to apply for the immigration for the next 2 years at least.
Here are some common questions people ask us about Express Entry.
1) Who will get selected?
People who have been nominated by a Province or if an LMIA in place will be the first ones in line (I am trying to retain for both LMIA and Online profile) –this is for people who are already in Canada. As rule it is CEC class or PNP.
All other applicants will be ranked against each other, and those will be able to succeed in Canada in terms of finding a job and establishing themselves-will be invited to apply for the PR.
2) Am I qualified?
We always tell them that according to the FSW or CEC yes you could be. You can definitely participate in this process. Will you get selected? Our law firm has been practising for the past 17 years. And our job is to make a strong application for you in a professional way to increase the chances of being selected. By the end of the day, it is the CIC who will make a selection; however, we will be a part of that process in terms of presenting your case for you.
3) What is the processing time?
The online profile is valid for 12 months. You can get selected within a couple of weeks, or a couple of months. There is no set time for it. If you get invited to apply for the PR, we then have 60 days to apply for the second stage. It will then take around 6-12 months to become a PR.
1) Any skilled occupation can apply under the FSW (NO LIST OF OCCUPATIONS) and the same for the CEC-as long as it is skilled (0, A or B)
2) We can retain us for the LMIA as well if the client has a job offer
3) It is extremely important how well the online profile is prepared because it is a first step to get the invitation and apply for the PR
4) We have been preparing people for the FSW for over 17 years, so we have the experience and we know what the officers are looking for
5) Express Entry is faster then the old system since the processing time is around 6-12 months instead of 22-27 months
6) There is no quotas per occupation, so more people will have chances to get selected and invited to apply for the PR
How we can help?
1) We tell the client needed documents and test, assessments
2) We will calculate the points based on the Online ranking system
3) Our legal team will guide the client from the beginning up until, hopefully, the client gets selected
4) Our legal team will register the profile on the client’s behalf
5) We will build a strong case outlining the key points of the application based on our experience and expertise
What is the next step?
Complete our online assessment form and we will get back to you!
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.
Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.