To see our website filtered by a specific destination, select the country: You are viewing content related to . To view a specific destination, . To view a specific destination, click here

E2 Visa Applications for Canadians

By Michael Niren July 18, 2014 (Updated September 15, 2020) 1 min. read
E2 Visa Canada

A lot of Canadian citizens are moving to the U.S. to start businesses or establish a business there. In order to immigrate to the US to start a business or invest in a business, a foreign national must obtain an E-2 Visa. Canadians find the E-2 visa very attractive because it allows them to bring their spouse and children under 21. We have a U.S. visa team that handles all types of U.S. visas, including E2 visas.

Requirements for E2 Visa Applications for Canadians

E-2 visas require a lot of paperwork. Essentially, applicants who apply for an E-2 have to make a substantial investment in the U.S. in business and have to show the U.S. Consulate, the visa officers there, that they have a viable business plan, a reason for going to the U.S., and that this business will be growing. There are supporting documents you have to show. You should be convincing an immigration officer that you have the skills and background that’s going to make your business successful in the U.S. Since there are many requirements, documents, and representation required we recommend speaking with an immigration professional before applying.

If you still have questions about the E-2 Visa process from Canada, visit our main page on E-2 Visas for more information.

Are You Interested in Applying For the E2 Visa?

E2 visas generally are valid for five years, and they can be extended. In some cases, applicants apply for a green card, not directly from an E2 visa, but on the basis of their E2 visa. It’s complicated, but we’ve processed cases like that. So if you are interested in moving to the United States as a businessperson, book a consultation with one of our immigration consultants and we can discuss your plans for getting an E2 visa.

Mark R. Post Avatar

Mark R. Post

My new life is possible because of working with Visaplace. they took my case and knew exactly how to achieve the goals I’d set for myself and my family. Kind and courteous and got the job done.

James C. Starkes Avatar

James C. Starkes

I got my US L1 Visa through them, pretty smooth process. We weren’t sure they’d take our case as we had some issues with retrieving some documents, but they worked with us on getting everything we needed. Recommend.

Michael H. Perry Avatar

Michael H. Perry

I express deep appreciation to VisaPlace for their unwavering commitment in securing my visa successfully. Their unmatched professionalism has left me thoroughly satisfied with the results.

Severina Tedford Avatar

Severina Tedford

Allow me to express that our case proved to be more complex than initially anticipated. However, Aisha and Reena provided unwavering support throughout the entire process. At each juncture, they offered clear guidance on necessary actions, guiding us through the intricacies we couldn’t navigate independently. While the procedure proved more intricate than expected, our legal team maintained close communication, ensuring we were well-informed and adequately prepared. Confronted with challenges, they approached them with a positive attitude, instilling confidence through their professionalism and competence. I wholeheartedly recommend their services. While moments of stress were inevitable, their assurance and ability to convey that confidence were instrumental. Reflecting on the experience, I am certain we would not have succeeded without their assistance, or at the very least, the journey would have been significantly prolonged.

videos download Avatar

videos download

Very impressed. We had an application that was not straightforward, but our legal team put us at ease at every step of the way. I can’t imagine what the process would have been like without their help. Highly competent and reliable. If you’re trying to avoid a lot of headaches and grief, this is the firm you want in your corner.

John E. Raabe Avatar

John E. Raabe

I extend immense gratitude to VisaPlace for their dedicated efforts in successfully obtaining my visa!! Their unmatched professionalism has left me absolutely satisfied with the results.

Daniel Amoakoh Avatar

Daniel Amoakoh

VisaPlace offers professional guidance that will lead to successful visa acquisition and immigration to North America if obeyed. The staff is very caring and thoroughly discusses your case to find the best path for your application. My favorite is Mansi Sanghvi. I appreciate your support, VisaPlace.