Refused entry to Canada? We can help

Did you know that a criminal record can make you inadmissible to Canada? This means that if you attempt to enter the country you will be turned away. Denied Entry to Canada 3
Unfortunately, it does not matter whether your conviction is very old, for a minor offense or if you’re a completely different person now than when it occurred. You can still be denied entry.

However, even people who are denied entry to Canada because of a criminal record have options. Start by speaking to a licensed immigration lawyer to explore these options.

Options for someone who has been denied entry to Canada

Someone who has been or may be denied entry to Canada has the option of applying for a temporary resident permit or for criminal rehabilitation.

In the case of criminal rehabilitation, applicants who have a criminal record that is for a conviction more than five years old may be able to go through this process and remove their inadmissibility to Canada permanently. While a permanent solution, this process takes several months.

Someone who has a criminal record that is less than five years old can consider applying for a temporary resident permit, which is a temporary document that will help you overcome your criminal inadmissibility for a short time. This document is much quicker to obtain, but that does not mean it is easy to get.

We have over 15 years of experience in helping people from all over the world, including the United States, enter Canada when they are facing certain immigration obstacles. If you need to come to Canada and are worried about your admissibility because of a criminal record or another issue, please contact our immigration law firm for assistance. We can be reached at the telephone number above.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.