Want to Start a business in Canada? This Work Visa may be for you
Starting a Business in Canada?
If you are interested in starting a business in Canada, consider the Significant Benefit Work Visa. This is a good work permit for entrepreneurs or people who want to establish a business in Canada and its LMO exempt. This means that if you qualify for this visa, you will NOT have to go through Service Canada to prove your job is not negatively impacting Canadian labor. This is a huge benefit to applicants.
What are the requirements for Significant Benefit Visas?
There is a lot of “paper work” for these visas. Here is a general list of some of the requirements. However, for any specific case, you should consult with a lawyer before submitting your application.
- Get a business plan. Having a business plan will help structure you not just in terms of the steps you need to to establish or grow your business but also will help the immigration officer understand your business. A business plan will go a long way to showing credibility.
- Copies of your resume, identification documents (passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates)
- copies of any educational documents
- any documents showing you have taken steps towards establishing your business eg. incorporation documents, office lease, website pages, bank account etc.
- information about how you plan to hire Canadians or create jobs for Canadians. This is really important because Canada immigration wants to know if your business will create a “significant benefit” for Canadians.
- ties to your home country. Remember this is a work permit and all work permits are temporary so you have to show you are not giving up your life in your home country
- if you have a criminal record, you need to disclose it. If it’s serious you may been a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) to overcome any inadmissibility due to your criminal record.
Can you renew your work visa?
The great thing about significant benefit work permits is that they can be renewed indefinitely.
Can I apply for Permanent Resident Status?
Significant Benefit Work Permits do not lead to Canadian PR. But you can apply for PR separately if you qualify.
Do you want to start a business in Canada and need a work permit?
Get the help you need and contact us at or email us email@example.com or call us at 1-877-757-5341
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.
Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.