We are seeking a licensed lawyer (Ontario) with 5 - 10 years of experience in Canadian immigration law and expertise in dealing with high volume of clients.
The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with Permanent and Temporary Residency Cases such as, Express Entry (FSW, CEC, FSTW), Family Sponsorship, Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications, Appeals, Permanent Residency Requirements, Citizenship Applications, Provincial Nominee Programs, NAFTA Work Permits, LMIAs, Live-in Care Giver Applications, Stay of Removals and Federal Court Matters.
This role requires attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, and an ability to communicate effectively with a high volume of clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Advising clients on their application and the relevant laws to their situation;
- Responsible for the direct supervision of legal assistants/paralegals/consultants;
- Responsible for implementing procedures to streamline operations and create revenue generating mechanisms using existing files and database;
- Responsible for all communication with clients;
- Appropriately managing client expectations;
- Conducting legal research and applying it to client cases;
- Analyzing facts and law to decide the most suitable application and process;
- Reviewing and assessing client documentation in order to determine eligibility of clients;
- Preparing applications and providing advice throughout the application;
- Writing/reviewing submission letters, drafting immigration forms, and submitting application to the appropriate offices;
- Keeping up-to-date with changes to laws, regulations, manuals, policies, procedures and processes;
- Communicating updates on immigration process to clients;
- Following - up with clients to ensure timely completion of their files;
- Staying on top of deadlines;
- Reviewing forms and documents provided by clients and providing feedback;
- Ensuring all emails and voice messages are responded to within at least 24 - 48 hours.
To join our team of lawyers, managers, legal/administrative assistants who contribute to make us the premier global immigration service provider, please submit your cover letter and resume through our website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
This firm is top notch! They pulled together last minute to help me prepare for my TN visa application. They were patient, helpful and impeccably professional. Everything went smoothly, came off without a hitch & I was successful in my application. Highly recommended. Thank you VisaPlace!
These guys are awesome. We had an awesome opportunity to work with Lisa Inspektor who remained very patient and provided very valuable and professional input and reviews through out my Visa application process. It is because of them that I was able to visit Canada with my husband and we can't Thank Lisa and her team enough for their professional services. Highly recommended!!
I cannot thank VisaPlace enough for their help. I had an issue with my immigration work that I needed professional help with. The team did a stellar job in making my case and I am greatly indebted to them. I worked directly with Alicea. She was extremely professional and responsive! Even after building my case and submitting my application, she was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had for several months after. I highly recommend the team and would come back in future if I have to. Thank you!
As seen on