We are seeking a licensed lawyer (Ontario) with 5 - 10 years of experience in Canadian immigration law and expertise in dealing with high volume of clients.
The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with Permanent and Temporary Residency Cases such as, Express Entry (FSW, CEC, FSTW), Family Sponsorship, Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications, Appeals, Permanent Residency Requirements, Citizenship Applications, Provincial Nominee Programs, NAFTA Work Permits, LMIAs, Live-in Care Giver Applications, Stay of Removals and Federal Court Matters.
This role requires attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, and an ability to communicate effectively with a high volume of clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Advising clients on their application and the relevant laws to their situation;
- Responsible for the direct supervision of legal assistants/paralegals/consultants;
- Responsible for implementing procedures to streamline operations and create revenue generating mechanisms using existing files and database;
- Responsible for all communication with clients;
- Appropriately managing client expectations;
- Conducting legal research and applying it to client cases;
- Analyzing facts and law to decide the most suitable application and process;
- Reviewing and assessing client documentation in order to determine eligibility of clients;
- Preparing applications and providing advice throughout the application;
- Writing/reviewing submission letters, drafting immigration forms, and submitting application to the appropriate offices;
- Keeping up-to-date with changes to laws, regulations, manuals, policies, procedures and processes;
- Communicating updates on immigration process to clients;
- Following - up with clients to ensure timely completion of their files;
- Staying on top of deadlines;
- Reviewing forms and documents provided by clients and providing feedback;
- Ensuring all emails and voice messages are responded to within at least 24 - 48 hours.
To join our team of lawyers, managers, legal/administrative assistants who contribute to make us the premier global immigration service provider, please submit your cover letter and resume through our website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
I could not have asked for more! The VisaPlace team are extremely professional, they know their stuff. They gave me great information, prepared my work visa application and then prepared me for the submission process. I was successful. Got my visa. 5 stars! I would give them 6 if I could.
This is not an exaggeration!!! I was truly impressed with the way VisaPlace consultants handled my case. The consultants- Emily, Lauren, Takunda and Lisa, took their time to explain to me in great deal how they were going to approach my case and how they would handle setbacks, if any. Their professionalism and knowledge of the law were superb. The minor setback that came up was quickly addressed by the team. The team constantly kept me updated on the progress/status of my application; they quickly responded to my questions/concerns. They had predicated my permanent residency to be processed within 6 -12, and Indeed it was processed and completed within 6 months. Based on my personal experience, Emily and Lauren's team are the best! They deserve 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!
VisaPlace helped me sponsor my husband to become a Permanent Resident of Canada. They were extremely professional. Every step along the way was explained fully and expertly taken care of. The staff responded immediately to any questions and always handled our concerns fully, taking as much time as we needed to understand where we were at in the immigration process and what to expect next. I would recommend VisaPlace with no hesitation at all. I'm sure if we had tried to navigate the immigration process ourselves, it would have been much harder.
As seen on