We are seeking a licensed lawyer (Ontario) with 5 - 10 years of experience in Canadian immigration law and expertise in dealing with high volume of clients.
The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with Permanent and Temporary Residency Cases such as, Express Entry (FSW, CEC, FSTW), Family Sponsorship, Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications, Appeals, Permanent Residency Requirements, Citizenship Applications, Provincial Nominee Programs, NAFTA Work Permits, LMIAs, Live-in Care Giver Applications, Stay of Removals and Federal Court Matters.
This role requires attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, and an ability to communicate effectively with a high volume of clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Advising clients on their application and the relevant laws to their situation;
- Responsible for the direct supervision of legal assistants/paralegals/consultants;
- Responsible for implementing procedures to streamline operations and create revenue generating mechanisms using existing files and database;
- Responsible for all communication with clients;
- Appropriately managing client expectations;
- Conducting legal research and applying it to client cases;
- Analyzing facts and law to decide the most suitable application and process;
- Reviewing and assessing client documentation in order to determine eligibility of clients;
- Preparing applications and providing advice throughout the application;
- Writing/reviewing submission letters, drafting immigration forms, and submitting application to the appropriate offices;
- Keeping up-to-date with changes to laws, regulations, manuals, policies, procedures and processes;
- Communicating updates on immigration process to clients;
- Following - up with clients to ensure timely completion of their files;
- Staying on top of deadlines;
- Reviewing forms and documents provided by clients and providing feedback;
- Ensuring all emails and voice messages are responded to within at least 24 - 48 hours.
To join our team of lawyers, managers, legal/administrative assistants who contribute to make us the premier global immigration service provider, please submit your cover letter and resume through our website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Thanks to Alicea and Rania for their excellent service. This is the 2 nd time we are using them and they have always delivered successful results, even where other law firms has been unsuccessful. Alicea has been especially helpful and available to address all our concerns. She has an excellent work ethic. We will be using them again and always recommend them to our friends.
Migrating is a hard task for anyone. Finding a job is even harder. Once I got a job offer, things started moving rapidly. So, I called used VisaPlace (Niren and associates) to assist with the process. Rania and Richard deserve the utmost respect in getting the job done. They have been patient with me and some set backs. Very professional.! Hands down, money was well spent. Thanks Rania and Richard, you make an awesome team. You'll definitely have a repeat customer with me !! I was very impressed at how well they were organized and had a positive experience. Very good and professional work led to a successful outcome. I highly recommend using VisaPlace.
I'll like to say I had an awesome initial consultation with Rania Abboud. She was knowledgeable, made the initial process easy and understood my situation. I am excited and hopeful to continue consulting this company. You do a great job for immigrants. Also, Natalie Walcz was great, she handled my situation professionally. Great team. Definitely assets to your company.
As seen on