Why Visitors to Canada Love Temporary Resident Visas
Gain access to Canada, with the flexibility to sightsee, visit family, work, or study. A temporary resident visa may allow you to do all that. And now, all applications for temporary resident visas are considered for multiple entry!
Who is the Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa For?
Temporary resident visas are for foreign nationals who wish to visit Canada for a limited period of time and intend to leave at the end of their stay. Multiple entry temporary resident visas are for foreign nationals who will need to come and go from Canada more than once within a ten-year period for stays of up to six months.
According to the Government of Canada website, citizens of the following countries require a visa to travel to Canada:
- Burkina Faso
- Burma (Myanmar)
- Cameroon, Republic of
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- China, People’s Republic of
- Congo, Democratic Republic of
- Congo, Republic of
- Costa Rica, Republic of
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Israel – holders of valid Israeli “Travel Document in lieu of National Passport”
- Ivory Coast
- Korea, North
- Macao Special Administrative Region
- Maldives Islands
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Fed. States
- Palestinian Authority
- Sao Tomé e Principe
- Saudi Arabia, Kingdom of
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines (St. Vincent)
- Taiwan (unless the citizen holds a passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes their personal identification number, in which case they need an eTA to come to Canada)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
What Does the Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa Provide?
The temporary resident visa allows foreign nationals to visit Canada on vacation or visit family.
In some cases you can conduct business or study at a Canadian educational institution. This depends on whether you are authorised to do so under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
Furthermore, if an educational program of study is of less than 6 months’ duration, a temporary resident may be able to complete it without a study permit. A multiple entry temporary resident visa allows a temporary resident to come and go to/from Canada for periods of up to six months, over up to ten years (or until the temporary resident’s passport expires, if this occurs first) without having to reapply each time.
Who is Eligible for the Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa?
In order to qualify for any temporary resident visa, you must “show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay” as well as
- Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
- Show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
- Not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
- Be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
- Not be a risk to the security of Canada,
- Provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
- Be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).
All temporary resident visa applicants are now considered for multiple entry visas, and single entry applicants may even be granted multiple entry visas.
The Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa Process
To apply for a multiple entry temporary resident visa, you must fill out the necessary paperwork and include the required supporting documents, as well as pay for your application.
- You may also be required to undergo a medical examination and/or have your fingerprints and photograph taken.
- You must apply from outside Canada; you cannot apply upon arrival.
- If you have family members applying to visit Canada, they must complete separate application forms, though you can mail your applications together and use one payment receipt for the total payment for all the applications.
The multiple entry temporary resident visa application process can be complicated. We can help you navigate this process, ensuring that you don’t miss anything important.
We are Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa Experts
As professional immigration lawyers, attorneys, and paralegals, we know how to handle multiple entry temporary resident visa applications to improve your chances at receiving approval. Let us help you put forward the best application possible.
We Understand the Multiple Entry Temporary Resident Visa Application Process
We have helped thousands of foreign nationals successfully enter Canada with multiple entry temporary resident visas and we can help you too.
Our firm boasts 15 years of experience in working with visitors to Canada. We know what the Canadian immigration department requires, and how to meet all deadlines and expectations.
Start today by getting an assessment of your case. Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your case.
Completely smooth process. Rania did a great job in my Canada work permit. The team is absolutely competent and knowledgeable. Alicea was so amazing and was able to answer any of my questions immediately. I had peace of mind throughout the application. I would recommend them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications.
I highly recommend VisaPlace to anyone seeking help with navigating the legal minefield that is Permanent Residency. As someone who is very easily stressed, Lauren & Mariana have saved me a lot of sleepless nights. They are fast, efficient, reliable and honest and I will be telling any of my friends to use them for immigration. Thanks to them, my future with my husband in Canada is bright
Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.
As seen on