Why Immigrants Settle in Toronto? Here are 10 Reasons.
10 Reasons Immigrants Settle in Toronto
Toronto is a great place live. Many native Torontonians sadly take our fair city for granted. Sometimes it take recent immigrants to remind us about how good we have it. Many immigrants have come from places which are lacking in basic infrastructure, culture and general standard of living. They cherish their new found home and remind us vets of why Toronto is a major immigration destination worldwide.
True, Toronto, while like many large cities has its share of problems: high taxes, pollution, congestion etc. However, unlike many of its counter-parts, Toronto has some unique benefits not found in other North American cities. So let’s highlight our “Toronto Top Ten:”
1. Residential Neighborhoods in the heart of the city. What city boasts residential real estate next to city living? Unlike places like New York you can have it both ways in Toronto. Big cities, good schools and parks rolled into one.
2. Low Crime Rate: Toronto is known for its low crime. When a violent crime occurs it makes the news–usually the front page.
3. Harmonious multicultural population. So many people from different backgrounds all living and working together. If only the rest of the world was like that.
4. Economic hub. Here’s where the merger and acquisitions, head offices, and big law firms reside. (too many lawyers: mmm, maybe that’s not a good thing)
5. Great cuisine and entertainment. Next to New York, Los Angeles, and London, Toronto is the largest centre for the Arts in the world. The Toronto Film Festival attracts the “IT crowd” from Hollywood every year.
6. Cheap Residential Real Estate. Ok I am going to get a lot of flack for this one. But when compared to other cosmopolitan cities, Toronto housing prices are indeed more affordable. Believe it or not.
7. Government stability. Again a controversial one. But compared to other places especially outside the US and Canada, Toronto is virtually corrupt-free.
8. A true cosmopolitan city. Toronto’s multiculturalism combined with its economic clout translates into a world class affair on the scale of New York, Paris and London.
9. Stable Climate. Yes its cold in the winter and humid in the summer here. But hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes are things virtually foreign to Torontonians. Let’s keep it that way.
10. People. After all a city is it’s people. Torontonians are busy; they are rushed and sometimes reserved. But they are nice to the core, tolerant and accepting. Smile and they will smile back 🙂
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Thanks to Alicea and Rania for their excellent service. This is the 2 nd time we are using them and they have always delivered successful results, even where other law firms has been unsuccessful. Alicea has been especially helpful and available to address all our concerns. She has an excellent work ethic. We will be using them again and always recommend them to our friends.
Migrating is a hard task for anyone. Finding a job is even harder. Once I got a job offer, things started moving rapidly. So, I called used VisaPlace (Niren and associates) to assist with the process. Rania and Richard deserve the utmost respect in getting the job done. They have been patient with me and some set backs. Very professional.! Hands down, money was well spent. Thanks Rania and Richard, you make an awesome team. You'll definitely have a repeat customer with me !! I was very impressed at how well they were organized and had a positive experience. Very good and professional work led to a successful outcome. I highly recommend using VisaPlace.
I'll like to say I had an awesome initial consultation with Rania Abboud. She was knowledgeable, made the initial process easy and understood my situation. I am excited and hopeful to continue consulting this company. You do a great job for immigrants. Also, Natalie Walcz was great, she handled my situation professionally. Great team. Definitely assets to your company.