US & Canada Immigration News

Toll-Free: 1-866-929-0991

Outside of North America: +1-416-410-7484

Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and immigration options.

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Question; I’m an electrician from Ireland. My family and I would like to immigrate to Canada. What do I need to know? You should take a look at the Federal Skilled Trades Program.

Understanding the Federal Skilled Worker Program

This is a new immigration category designed for skilled tradespeople who want to become Canadian permanent residents. The Canadian government recently developed this new category to address regional labor shortages.

Who Qualifies for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?

Tradespeople with secure job offers in Canada, or who are certified in one of the select trade occupations, qualify to obtain permanent residency through this program in any Canadian province, except Quebec. Electricians fall under the NOC category group. An experienced immigration lawyer can take a thorough look at your case, and help you to determine if you are eligible for the program and what will be needed to present a strong application. We can help. Visit us at to find out if you are eligible.

Do You Wish to Apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?

The VisaPlace Group of Lawyers (VPGs) and their staff are all independent, licensed practitioners who understand how important it is for to you to achieve your immigration goals and have been trained to follow best practices and procedures to maximize your chances of success! If you are interested in applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, contact us to book a consultation.

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

8 thoughts on “Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program

  1. Raheel

    Hi Sir, please tell me what’s the new system coming in January ? I’m really confused is that current system revoked? Or still remain in next year plus add on express entry system as well? That will be very appreciated if you help to tell new immigration system and point to be work from coming jan 2015 thanks

  2. boban stoilkov

    my name is boban and im a sheet metal roofing i want to find a job in toronto and i want to immigrate to toronto and start a new life i dont know to speak english very well but im sure i will menage and i will learn it soon if i have the chance to do so i am very pleased for reviewing my message thank you in advance

  3. Rehan

    I am working in an oil & gas company as a Contracts & Procurement Specialist and am married. Do I along with my wife qualify for the FSW program in Canada? I have done my education till my Masters and my wife has done her Bachelors in Social Sciences. Please advise. I’m ready to pay only in case I’m granted with immigration.

    1. owen

      Hello Rehan,

      Thanks for the question. You may qualify for the express entry system depending on what your duties are as a Contracts and Procurement Specialist and you will need at least one year of continuous full time employment. Your wife would probably not qualify for express entry, but we can definitely help her explore other options that she may be eligible for. Please see for more information.


  4. betelhem

    Hi guys how long does this work permit takes plse


Leave a Comment:

Your email address will not be published.


The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.